Is laser hair removal safe?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is laser hair removal safe?

Hi,

I have just signed up for a 6 course laser hair removal, just wondering if there are any side effects? Heard its painless and a pretty quick procedure.

Hi, I am with Dermes n I think their service level are top notched!! It's slightly painful when the treatment is being administrated, but it's real quick n i have experienced no side effects!! I am really happy with the results actually!

Curious - my Asian (ie Japanese and Singaporean) friends raved about it but one Caucasian girl said the results weren't so good as she was told it "worked better on Asian hair as it's thicker" (the therapist's words). Any truth in this?

It works best (at least one type of laser used, there seem to be many different options now) on dark hair against light skin. If you are blonde, not such good results. The laser picks out the pigmentation of the hair. Likewise, if you are very dark skinned, may not work so well either.

They ice up the part and then do it. I find it can be quite painful (especially around that time of the month!)

Silly question... do you have to "grow" your hair out for the treatment?

You don't.. But it's best that you don't 'pluck' them because the laser need to hit the hair follicle to work

Interesting... Yeah I see a lot of those discounted on those group buy sites.. I always wanted to know if it worked... How many sessions typically do you need?

I have done about four or five.. I cant remember exactly.. But definitely no more than five

Oh wow... I have sensitive skin and worry that I will get "burned", scarred or have an allergic reaction to it... did you have any issues after your session?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast