Like Tree62Likes

Heels to work

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    As has been established... I wear my wife's strappy little shoes to work.
    Yes, we saw you too. Please keep off the streets.......

luckycat and justjoe86 like this.

Women don't just wear high heels for men, they also wear them for other women for fashion (as well as for themselves!)
    I once worked at an office dominated by women, the make up, fashionable clothes and heels were all still there (maybe even more actually) although it was a more fashion conscious company...

Satay Sue, elle and danette like this.

What Siu means is that little midget gems like Siu MUST wear heels just to avoid people calling social services thinking there is a lost and lonely little child on the loose

Bet you wish I would bugger off back to England don't you!!

What was the pastie innuendo? I am intrigued.

aaccttually LC, I rarely wear heels, not because I don't want to (I DO!) but because they're so fricking uncomfortable that I can't last in them and seriously, girls who can't walk in heels look as attractive as a penguin in a bikini

Wearing heels is like smoking, I don't understand how people got through the initial uncomfortable part to get to the 'good' part ?

luckycat likes this.

I count my wife's shoes often. I determine her prosperity with how many pairs she has. She had 34 pairs back in '06 and now 47 pairs in '10. I haven't checked recently so will do so when I return.

As Siu mentions, women wear heels for themselves more so than men's approval.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai:
    aaccttually LC, I rarely wear heels, not because I don't want to (I DO!) but because they're so fricking uncomfortable that I can't last in them and seriously, girls who can't walk in heels look as attractive as a penguin in a bikini

Wearing heels is like smoking, I don't understand how people got through the initial uncomfortable part to get to the 'good' part ?
    Bless you.

My other half is in exactly the same situation as you. She can put up with heels every now and again but they really hurt her.

Stephen Hartman, a chiropodist and the chief executive officer of the Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine, heels that are two inches or higher propel the body forward, turning the simple act of walking into an awkward chore. They also point the foot downward, reducing its ability to flex and absorb shock. This leaves areas like the knees and hip joints to pick up the slack, which can aggravate and sometimes even cause arthritis.

And the problems get worse over time. Says Hartman: “Left untreated, short-term issues such as corns, callouses and ingrown toenails can lead to long-term problems such as hammertoes, bunions and ‘pump bumps’ [a bony bump at the back of your heel, caused by shoes rubbing the bone]. They can also lead to issues with knee, hip and back pain, and osteoarthritis.” And high-heel wearers may experience pain even when they wear flats. According to Hartman, women who wear heels for many consecutive years can develop a physiologically shorter Achilles tendon that results in the inability of the heel to fully touch the ground. Hartman recommends looking for heels with proper lift, shock absorbers and arch support, and says firmly: “A two-inch heel is okay in moderation, for one day a week or a special event.”

But hey, many women smoke in order to control their weight so it's hardly surprising heels are popular...

Last edited by gilleshk; 10-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    hktraveller likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

OK, how about sunglasses on the top of the head? I must admit I can find this attractive (in women I hasten to add) and I have no idea why.
    Well this is one that I do partake in

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Well this is one that I do partake in
    Me too....

Errmm...
    luckycat likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast