Cheap Haircut: AB Hair Salon (Wanchai)

Closed Thread

Cheap Haircut: AB Hair Salon (Wanchai)

I paid only 100 bucks today for wash/cut/blowdry and I think it's worth it.

Mind you, I've always been a big spender on haircut. I used to cut my hair at top-notch hair salon such as Avant Garde, Toni & Guy, Moods in Vancouver or Moods, Prive, Vidal Sasson in Korea.

Though I happened to give AB Hair Salon a shot as it just opened a few weeks ago and not too far from where I live. And surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I've expected, for the price of 100 bucks.

Overall, it took roughly 40 minutes to finish the whole process. I'm quite satisfied to be honest. I've been to Paul Gerrads, Beijing, and Il Copol, that being said. Of course, the interior decoration wasn't as good as those top salons but it's quite decent enough for such cheap price.

Actually, you can go lower if you don't need to wash your hair and just go for the cut/blowdry. Though I wouldn't recommend it.

I had Franky cutting my hair today, though he's not a junior and supposingly needs to charge for 150 bucks. But I specifically mentioned I wanted to pay for only 100 bucks and all the juniors were booked up and he had a free slot, so they charge me for 100 bucks in stead. I ended up paying 150 btw + tipping because I really like this new cut.

Anyways, for those who's interested in Wanchai area, here's the address and number:

G/F 141 Thomson Road (Intersection between Thomson and Johnston Road). 2827-2848.

Though The staff's English is certainly not as fluent as those top-notch salons, I found Franky did understand my instruction on how to cut my hair. So the choice is yours.

I went there today.

I also had my hair cut by Franky.

I was similarly impressed.

I got my hair washed and head massaged by a hot local girl.

Hair cut was the best I have had in HK. I was using the Mandarin before.

HK100 dollars.

What about for girls? Any idea?

When I was in Singapore I usually took my son to QB (they are in HK too) and there were always young local women having their hair cut there. If you just want a trim you could try them?

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    What about for girls? Any idea?
    Well, they do cut hair for women but I'm not sure about the quality for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    When I was in Singapore I usually took my son to QB (they are in HK too) and there were always young local women having their hair cut there. If you just want a trim you could try them?
    Isn't QB's gimmick is to cut hair in 15 mins with 50 bucks?

Honestly, I think for trimming is okay, but not having a hair cut within 15 mins.

QB is great for a simple straight forward trim/cut. I have used them several times now and they offer the same trim that I got at The Barber Shop in Central charging $280, for $50, leaving plenty saved for happy hour drinks in the OCH with all the other guys with similar haircuts.

In and out in 10 minutes (just like the Barber Shop), no frills and no gimmicks and no waiting.

I have never seen a woman there and am not sure it's the right place for them unless they have short hair and just need a trim.

Quote Originally Posted by KyoPo:

Isn't QB's gimmick is to cut hair in 15 mins with 50 bucks?

Honestly, I think for trimming is okay, but not having a hair cut within 15 mins.
    Depends what you want done. They weren't scruffy schoolgirls but reasonably well-dressed women. If you have straight hair and know exactly what you want 15 mins is fine. My hairCUT (thick and wavy but permanently straightened) takes around 15 mins - it's the faffing around at the sink and the blowdry that takes 45! And as I don't speak Cantonese I pay to go to a foreign hairdresser.