Oily skin and this weather

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oily skin and this weather

Does not make it any better.... one hour after makeup and i am shining already... can someone please let me know of a good cream, foundation or any other way to control it... anyone tried Amway foundation?

Try Mac's Finishing Powder - it keeps your skin from becoming oily and shiny. Works great for me, usually don't need to reapply during the day. This one is also available in a compact, which makes it easier to carry on the go.. Apply with a brush and it will give you a nice finish. It would be good if you could try it on before buying

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder reviews - Makeupalley

I know other companies make products similar to this, but I have never tried them so can't say whether they are any good.

Also, I have found using a light gel based moisturiser in the morning helps control shine.

Hope this helps!

Thx MDAUS, I will deff try it. Hope it works i will be blessed.

Translucent Loose Powder

Try Shiseido's Translucent Loose Powder: Link. I've used it before and it worked pretty well for me, and you may find it at any Sasa store. The Body shop is also a good store for Primers and Makeup Setting powder, but they are quite pricey. The primer I use before I put on makeup is; Skin Primer Matte it. Although the outcome is great, the amount is quite little and pretty pricey .

Lastly, you can try for Setting Fx - Translucent Loose Mineral Powder. The brand is Sephora, but the store no longer exists in Hong Kong. You may have to purchase it online, or if you're lucky, you can try looking for it in a Sasa store.

Hey, you should use a primer before you put on your make up. The one I use is really good and is really smooth when applied. It's called Skin Primer Matte it, and it's from Body shop. Although it's pretty pricey for something quite little, it's really good. If you want a setting powder for your oily skin if advise you to use; Shiseido - Translucent loose powder. Or use; Maybelline Mineral power translucent powder

Quote Originally Posted by JustReturned:
    Does not make it any better.... one hour after makeup and i am shining already... can someone please let me know of a good cream, foundation or any other way to control it... anyone tried Amway foundation?
    Usually skin is a function of dietary habits. Try drinking more water instead of drinking sugary sodas. Also eat more fish and less meat if that is your diet. High on fiber and veggies and less carbs (no rice, bread, or pasta). Hope that helps.

Hey sugar and HKNO thanks a lot.... i will get the primer, i like body shop prods. HKNO i think my diet habbits cant really be better. I am a pescatarian, so no meat. I drink 2L of water in the morning alone. Sugary drinks once a month (maybe, hate them) (other than with alc. where i would mostly do zero or tonic and dont drink often) I Jog and do yoga. So i think things cant go wrong with my diet... do rice and love bread but think in moderation is no harm. Its just the weather... I am using Amway foundation since the post and its a bit better... but a primer could be the solution

hi justreturned, here are some tips that worked for me:
    1. only moisturise where and when needed - best piece of advice my derm gave me, got rid of the clogged pores and saved me money at the same time. if you have to moisturise, use something light (e.g. a gel version) for daytime.
    2. don't use harsh facial cleansers
    3. use less base makeup in the summer - my routine is sunblock, concealer and loose powder. if you would like more coverage, make up for ever's mat velvet foundation works well.
    4. blot only when needed or not at all - incidentally, starbucks napkins are highly recommended on makeup alley for this purpose.

hmmm... thx birdy, and here every beautician keeps telling me i have dry skin and to use more moisturiser cos if your skin is dry and you dont moisturise it lets out oil thinking its going too dry ... maybe they r just trying to sell the moisturisers. I do use gels though never been a fan of heavy creams.
    Thx for the foundation, i will try them all and stop on which works for me.
    I have these while bloting papers that i use specially in the evening, never tried napkin :P guess i am scared that the particles from napkins could clog my pores.

Try Benefit The Porefessional. I use it over Biotherm SPF 50 suncream, I have quite oily skin anyway, and it really keeps the shine away. It's amazing! I don't use any foundation on a day to day basis though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast