Not happy with my ion straightening, what to do?

Closed Thread

Not happy with my ion straightening, what to do?

I got my (asian) hair straightened at Mina Devwil about 4 weeks ago but noticed that my hair still has a wave in the middle. My hair is not curly but had wanted it to be very straight (almost flat) after the process which did not happen. I do this every year (but is my first try at MDW) so I don't understand why my hair didnt come out nicely this time.

Anyway, my question is has anyone undergone a repeat within a short period? How did it turn out? Would it really be ok to have it redone sometime soon or should I just accept this and wait for 6 months for the touch up? If I can, did you do any treatment prior to redoing it and also afterwards?

Many thanks!

The first time I had it done I had a bit of wave left in my hair in the back section. My hair stylist said it was safe to redo but recommended a deep conditioning treatment before and after the second straightening. I had just the section of wavy hair redone about 2 weeks after the first treatment

Thanks MCDC. Did they charge you for the deep conditioning treatments? I'm sure the 2nd straightening will be free but I also don't want to pay for conditioning :-(

I only paid for the product because my hair stylist is also my friend/owner of the salon. But ordinarily she would charge for the conditioning treatments but offers a free touch up for patches of hair that weren't completely straight.
    I also went to Mina Devwil for Ion straightening in January. It tamed my hair a bit but my hair was not as straight as I expected or wanted. I ended up getting it redone at The Firm in Soho and am very happy with the result.

Last edited by MCDC; 02-08-2012 at 12:44 AM.