Like Tree1Likes

Shenzhen Tailor

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shenzhen Tailor

After a few good efforts and later some disasters, I'm looking for a new tailor in Shenzhen. I had used Sophie but she has let me down recently.

Has anyone had any good results lately and can recommend someone? I'm not looking for fine tailoring, I just want some tops made, nothing fancy or complicated.

Thanks!

Going tomorrow....can anyone recommend a tailor, please

Best I have come up with is from an old thread - Shanghai Hongguang Professional Tailors, on 5th floor Unit 48.

Thanks everyone!

SOPHIA Address: 50A, Duocai Cloth City, 5th Floor, Lohu Commercial Center

Its in the Shopping Mall inside the Clothes Market. She was recommended to me and i had sone blouses, complicated ones, copied by her with small changes i had asked for. Maybe you want to try her. Price was reasonable, good workmanship and fabric, i would go back!

carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgunsnroses:
    SOPHIA Address: 50A, Duocai Cloth City, 5th Floor, Lohu Commercial Center

Its in the Shopping Mall inside the Clothes Market. She was recommended to me and i had sone blouses, complicated ones, copied by her with small changes i had asked for. Maybe you want to try her. Price was reasonable, good workmanship and fabric, i would go back!
    Thank you mrsgunsnroses, Sophia was the one I went to several times. The first time was awesome, everything was perfect, second time a couple of disasters and then the third time, NOTHING fit and her response was to merely let the side seams out as much as she could, no solution. I've given up on her, I'm afraid. I hope the same doesn't happen to you. Thank you for the suggestion though

Oh dear, that's not good, sorry to hear that. I went only once and all was great. I went to another one before which was a complete disaster.... I wish you luck anyways in finding another better Tailor. If you do, pls let me know as well :-))

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgunsnroses:
    Oh dear, that's not good, sorry to hear that. I went only once and all was great. I went to another one before which was a complete disaster.... I wish you luck anyways in finding another better Tailor. If you do, pls let me know as well :-))
    Absolutely I was so disappointed with Sophia because she did such a wonderful first job. I sometimes think they sub-sub-sub-sub contract the work once they have you roped in....they don't get that they will lose you ultimately....what p****d me off with her was that she really didn't care at all that I was walking away a very unhappy customer!

I have a couple of leads, might try both to compare!

How did your search go? I'm heading over soon too and in need of a tailor.

A friend took me to one, the proprietor's name was Maggie. I'll get back to you with the shop name/address in a day or two. She's a few RMB more than the others but very good and reliable.

Thanks!!!

Updates on recent experiences?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast