Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia

Groupon deal of LALA Spa - SPAM

Closed Thread

Groupon deal of LALA Spa - SPAM

I have purchased a groupon deal recently for the LALA Spa in TST. It cost me HKD 168 which is a good deal of course. Myself and my friend both purchased the coupon same day and we have called SO MANY TIMES to make the appointment.

Some STUPID Chinese man picks up the phone, says “Hello” and hangs up as soon as i said i want to book! He simply bang the phone. I called atleast 5 times and when he finally answered, he puts the phone on SIDE and is watch TV. I stayed on the line for 4 mins and finally gave up. OR he just wasnt in a mood to talk?

Its so strange to have a man even there to pick up the phone????

Why does LALA spa hire such staffs? Don’t they have other staffs to pick up? OR the spa cannot afford it then why put the deal on groupon? I thought groupon promotes places thats why they help them to sell good deals.

This treatment is ridiculous. I dont think anyone by mistake should ever try this place.

THis place should SHUT DOWN!!!!!

You tried going in person?
    Double checked the number?

PS - I have now unsubscribed from Groupon. After a few experiences, I think it's basically all spam and worthless. As the old English cliche goes... you get what you pay for!

thus is what group buying does enables fly-by-night operators to get your cash then not provide any service.

much better to find a good massage place then buy a book of coupons after you have tried the service and found a good masseur

Why dont you contact Groupon.hk and tell them about your issue? I heard that they will do refund if you're unable to make appointment/ use the coupon.
    * it could be that Lala Spa guy do not speak English. Usually a telemarketer will cut-off the call without an apologiy once they know that I cant speak chinese (actually I do speak a little Cantonese)

Quote Originally Posted by lovewar360:
    I have purchased a groupon deal recently for the LALA Spa in TST. It cost me HKD 168 which is a good deal of course. Myself and my friend both purchased the coupon same day and we have called SO MANY TIMES to make the appointment.

Some STUPID Chinese man picks up the phone, says “Hello” and hangs up as soon as i said i want to book! He simply bang the phone. I called atleast 5 times and when he finally answered, he puts the phone on SIDE and is watch TV. I stayed on the line for 4 mins and finally gave up. OR he just wasnt in a mood to talk?

Its so strange to have a man even there to pick up the phone????

Why does LALA spa hire such staffs? Don’t they have other staffs to pick up? OR the spa cannot afford it then why put the deal on groupon? I thought groupon promotes places thats why they help them to sell good deals.

This treatment is ridiculous. I dont think anyone by mistake should ever try this place.

THis place should SHUT DOWN!!!!!
    Go and ask for refund. They should grant you.

Most of the deals are JUNK and with fake % of discount.

Yea i actually complain to groupon and they are going to refund my money as a credit. But the point is that groupon is not only for local chinese ppl. Its for promoting their offers and it is used internationally. How come they let a non english speaker pick up calls? PLUS i do speak cantonese btw - its fair but i can make a booking with how much i know. He didnt even bother saying speak in cantonese! He nicely put the phone aside and carried on watching whatever his TV show. I found is super offending. How do such ppl get away with this?

additionally - i have used groupon for the past couple of months. Some deals have been pretty good so i wud still wanna use but now im so ticked off with such skechy places!

Groupon doesn't control the shops involved, you cant ask Groupon to tell Lalaspa to hire an English speaking person just because Groupon sells stuff in English as well.

You got a refund as credit so get over it and continue shopping la

shri likes this.

Are you sure the number was correct? I bought a couple of coupons, address was wrong, lucky the number was correct and called to get the correct address