Like Tree23Likes

Wrinkles - the work of the devil?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Interesting... all guys who reply? and when you say 'I...', do you actually do the chores yourselves? :P Actually, so happens that I'm considering getting one of those handheld steamers. Do they work?

did you put too many clothes in the washing machine? give at least 30% empty space so that it didnt get squeezed.

Quote Originally Posted by izcremecake:
    Interesting... all guys who reply? and when you say 'I...', do you actually do the chores yourselves? :P Actually, so happens that I'm considering getting one of those handheld steamers. Do they work?
    Single guy, too many shirts ruined by part time help and I find ironing very relaxing

Steamers are great, no ironing board to fall over, but I find slower than an iron and have to alternate heads for large areas and to get nice sharp creases in shirt sleeves and trousers; the upside is no shiny pants

+1 for M&S shirts.

Went in the other day to see what was new, after not doing any clothes shopping whatsoever for over a year.

Having said that, I've been thinking of paying my tailor a visit to get another suit made, and might ask him to throw in a shirt or two. These would be my first tailor-made shirts.

How does this work? Is higher GSM cotton the way to go?

Just an advice,when you washed your shirt in the machine,shake it well it helps to minimise the wrinkles and the other way is that when you washed it by hand dont squeez it just hang it after soaking for a while in the softener.

Sent from my WT19i using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I am not sure what you mean - I use cold water, and its set to 35 I think, for the darks.

But I am sure that my W/M manages to wash clothes at the set temp...
    Wife/Manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I am not sure what you mean - I use cold water, and its set to 35 I think, for the darks.

But I am sure that my W/M manages to wash clothes at the set temp...
    Washing Man? Oh the colonial times!
    Last edited by Mr. Personality; 12-11-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    It's in the quality, I agree.

They don't have to be super pricey though! I've got M&S shirts that I've had for years that never wrinkle and they can't have cost more than 20 quid.... Cheaper ones I've bought at markets in HK wrinkle like hell..
    My husband has a few sorts from Zara and Massimo Dutti which would have to be the worst for wrinkles and quality . Since then , he's learnt his lesson and sticks to M&S which have lasted at least two years. My parents have sent him shirts from Australia for Christmas and birthdays every year ( namely because they don't what else to give him!), and these are Ganton and Hardy Amies brands which don't crease as much and are easy to iron.

Yes, hubby irons his own shirts.

Ha, I also thought wrinkles on faces - usually UK English is creases?

Anyway, prompt removal from washing machine, ironing while damp. Or since I am absolutely crap at ironing just give 'em to the laundry shop down the road....

I thought it said 'winkles'.....who the hell irons their winkle?