Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bryant.english
  • 2 Post By Stoob

Nice looking non expensive suit (HK/SH/GZ/TW)

Closed Thread

Nice looking non expensive suit (HK/SH/GZ/TW)

I'll be in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Shanghai and so on and I am after a cheap'ish slim fit suit that looks decent. I am poor at the moment so I don't really want to spend a lot, but I don't want to look like a nob.

My max budget is around $4000 HKD. Can you please give me some recommendations as to where I should purchase and also what I should purchase? I may start needing to wear a suit regularly, but for the time being lets just say I'd wear it maybe 5~ times a month.

Last edited by HKHK154; 11-01-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Go to mong kok, Hollywood Shopping Centre, Sai Yeung Choi Street South, 2 floors of Mens wear, all kinds of suits and tuxedo's, you can get a suit (top/bottom) for around $600 up, many designs to choose from.

go to stage of playlord, great value for money

Quote Originally Posted by HKHK154:
    I'll be in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Shanghai and so on and I am after a cheap'ish slim fit suit that looks decent. I am poor at the moment so I don't really want to spend a lot, but I don't want to look like a nob.

My max budget is around $4000 HKD. Can you please give me some recommendations as to where I should purchase and also what I should purchase? I may start needing to wear a suit regularly, but for the time being lets just say I'd wear it maybe 5~ times a month.
    With your budget I'd go to M&S get 1 jacket, 2 trousers and a blazer....
    MovingIn07 likes this.

You can get nice suits on the mainland, with labels stitched on the outside of the sleeve for that extra bit of class

hktraveller and East_coast like this.

Are the places that sell 'pure wool' suits usually selling fake stuff in Hong Kong and Mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    You can get nice suits on the mainland, with labels stitched on the outside of the sleeve for that extra bit of class
    Rarely see that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Go to mong kok, Hollywood Shopping Centre, Sai Yeung Choi Street South, 2 floors of Mens wear, all kinds of suits and tuxedo's, you can get a suit (top/bottom) for around $600 up, many designs to choose from.
    After you pick up your $600 suit just follow the rest of the clothes buyers in that mall and stand outside an MTR station and try to sell flats to mainlanders.