Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Claire ex-ax
  • 1 Post By Natfixit
  • 1 Post By dutchmen

Wedding panic! Short veils?

Closed Thread

Wedding panic! Short veils?

Hi all

Just 6 weeks tip the big day I still have no idea where to get a nice short veil in HK!?

I want something modern and chic.. not cheap or tacky. I've heard the places in Kowloon are very cheap looking and 'Chinese style' so no good for me..

Otherwise will seriously consider making it myself, does anyone know where I can get millinery materials like netting and flowers!?

On the Kowloon side there is a whole building of small shops selling this stuff. They can make any style you want.

shri likes this.

Try combing the hawkers bazaar in Sham shui Po, opp the police station on Yen Chow Str. You can find netting and lace. Or alternatively, you can try along Yu Chau and Ki Lung strs where there are Sha specifically selling lace, and ask if there is a seamstress who can sew it up for you. There is a shop run by Louis on the corner of Ki lung and Nam Cheong strs which sells ready mad up head pieces or he can make it up for you.

Another option ( I did this one as tiaras and artificial flowers do not suit me ) , is to buy one of those hair combs or sliders, google how to make your own wedding veil and make your own. You could have a "spray" of fresh flowers made for you by a florist that can be pinned on top of the veil for a natural look.

The only other place I recommend to head over to re wedding fabrics including veils that are tasteful is in the Satwa Textile Souk in Dubai, UAE. I recommend Regal Fabrics along Al Satwa Rd opp the mosque. They sell some of the most gorgeous laces and silks and the range is unbelievable. Ask for Sameer for help.

Last edited by Natfixit; 27-07-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchmen:
    On the Kowloon side there is a whole building of small shops selling this stuff. They can make any style you want.
    Do you remember what it's called or where it is exactly?

Thanks Natfixit for the advice! Will make mine as a last resort.. Unfortunately no time to hop to Dubai lol but good knowledge for when I do visit

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think the place Dutchman is referring to is Golden Plaza, 745-747 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok.

shri and dutchmen like this.

Try golden plaza in prince edward

Why not save all the hassle and get exactly what you want online. I've used several sites in US for flower girl dresses and prom dresses for my girls, fast delivery and you get exactly what you want.

http://www.bestbridalprices.com/head...1072_1123.html