Like Tree12Likes

A&F or Hollister

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Does it even matter if people know that they are fake?

Faking those brands would be like faking a freakin' Swatch. Though I'd argue that the Swatch would be better value.

climber07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    It's a reasonable assumption. I suspect that fake shirts would be standard (or random) sized with different logos printed or sewn onto them. It would be very unlikely for a fake-producing factory to bother with getting the detail down to copying exact sizing- it would just be too much effort and expense.
    But the idea behind fakes is to maximize profits. Smaller sizes bring in the same amount - for less fabric. Plus of course much cheaper quality.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    But the idea behind fakes is to maximize profits. Smaller sizes bring in the same amount - for less fabric. Plus of course much cheaper quality.

Why would you bring in the same amount making clothes that are too small? You still need to sell the things... If you use half the fabric (thus by your logic cutting the costs) but you can only sell a couple of your XXL stock to a passing group of circuis midgets then you probably won't have quite the flourishing fake clothing empire that your business model forecasts.
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    If you use half the fabric (thus by your logic cutting the costs)
    Yes, by my logic. And I wonder by what logic is using more fabric cutting cost. This ain't higher math either.

When you produce i.e. shirts you produce the sizes according to a size key, which varies from country to country. Not surprisingly in HK/China they will produce more S and M, whereas if produced for the USA they will produce more XXL, XXXL to fit the masses. An XXL wouldn't sell in China at all, or as tent for an average size family. Now you will say 'but the shirts ain't waterproof and can't be used as tents', well, neither are Chinese tents.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    It's a reasonable assumption. I suspect that fake shirts would be standard (or random) sized with different logos printed or sewn onto them. It would be very unlikely for a fake-producing factory to bother with getting the detail down to copying exact sizing- it would just be too much effort and expense.
    I don't think that any randomly selected pattern is giving a better fit. The development process of a garment includes many fits, a pattern good for one fabric does not necessarily mean it's good for a different fabric. Secondly there is the issue of shrinkage. Almost all garments of those two brands (I don't think very highly of those brands, and think the copies will actually be worse) are heavily washed to achieve a certain finish and hand feel, that has to be calculated into the pattern as well.
    One thing I know both brands are keen on avoiding is, forbidden chemical being used during the dyeing and washing process. There are lots of chemical that can trigger off allergies, skin problems, etc., thus they are forbidden and both brands test the merchandise during and after the production process.
    jgl likes this.

I have to laugh every time I see a Hollister-branded article of clothing. That's because Hollister is itself a "fake" brand...

Having been through the actual Hollister, California, many, many times, to me the idea that Hollister, CA, is a "surfing town" is absurd: for one thing, it's nowhere near the ocean!

Hollister happens to be a nice old California town where time has apparently stopped, and I believe the old Marlon Brando film, "The Wild One" was filmed there or was based on an incident that actually happened there. Next time I'm there (I usually don't stop) I'm going to see if I can find an ACTUAL "Hollister" t-shirt or something...but I think I read somewhere that A&F has trademarked the town's name and no one else can (legally) sell anything with that name on it!

It's not about my weight,,., I have been hitting gym n my shoulders r pretty broad......I'm just asking if u know any place to buy fake ones coz I have seen a lot of ppl wearing

Sent from my GT-N7100

Quote Originally Posted by Kjhan15:
    It's not about my weight,,., I have been hitting gym n my shoulders r pretty broad......I'm just asking if u know any place to buy fake ones coz I have seen a lot of ppl wearing

Sent from my GT-N7100
    The ones you've seen are genuine as they're cheap enough here in HK.
    Notice the people you see wearing it, they're all skinny nerdy types where it's going to fit them properly.

Why A&F and Hollister anyway? American Eagle is fine and so is GAP and so is Superdry.

Maybe the OP is not aware that A&F don't want him to buy their clothes, the CEO made his view about that very clear.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/on/aberc...fat-customers/

It must have been some time since he looked into the mirror though, given the standards he sets for A&F employee's on appearance, Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Mike Jeffries wouldn't even allowed to set foot into his own stores....
    But then again he paid a lot of money for all that botched plastic surgery, he might as well show it off

Last edited by elle; 31-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lootoo:
    I have to laugh every time I see a Hollister-branded article of clothing. That's because Hollister is itself a "fake" brand...

Having been through the actual Hollister, California, many, many times, to me the idea that Hollister, CA, is a "surfing town" is absurd: for one thing, it's nowhere near the ocean!

Hollister happens to be a nice old California town where time has apparently stopped, and I believe the old Marlon Brando film, "The Wild One" was filmed there or was based on an incident that actually happened there. Next time I'm there (I usually don't stop) I'm going to see if I can find an ACTUAL "Hollister" t-shirt or something...but I think I read somewhere that A&F has trademarked the town's name and no one else can (legally) sell anything with that name on it!
    I presume you have never been to a Hollister store, they associate themselves with Huntington beach, believed to be south California, not Hollister town, they have video walls of Huntington beach with people surfing shaped as windows in their dark,badly lit stores.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast