Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By kimwy66
  • 1 Post By elle

interested in fashion?

Closed Thread

interested in fashion?

Hi, I am looking for passionate individuals who are interested in fashion to guide some young people. Would anybody be interested?

Define guide?

as in being a mentor.

How does someone mentor a young person in fashion? As in teach them diet tricks until they become anorexic enough to look like an unwell androgynous stick figure from the cover of vogue?

Mentor them how to acquire a throw away mentality so they waste the earth's resources by having to buy an entire new wardrobe every season?

Teach them wise investment strategies so that they too can pawn their USD$100k handbag when they run out of money to buy their next 10inch pair of heels so they can shorten their achilles tendon and give themselves years of agony with foot deformations?

Gruntfuttock, elle and MovingIn07 like this.

What qualification do you have to 'mentor' young people in fashion? Could you please define what you mean with 'mentor' or 'guiding' young people fashion.
    Getting them to spend money on diet products and skin whiteners? Getting them to spend money they don't have on things they don't need? Implementing distorted beauty ideals? Promoting obscure brand names? Or actually teaching them skills?

Disclaimer: I've been working in the fashion industry for 20+ years, therefore my curiosity.

MovingIn07 likes this.

reckon its some place lookin for interns?

Let me clarify here. It is more like inspiring young people, esp those who are seen as academically less adequate in Hong Kong. Bring them into event planning and fashion industry by sharing your stories, so that they can see doing a good job in DSE and getting into uni is not the only way to be "successful" in life.

Last edited by kkdan12; 21-08-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Could you please explain some more - your post is a bit too vague in my opinion, it doesn't explain anything, like who, where, and how.

Last edited by elle; 21-08-2013 at 05:41 PM.

hi elle, i sent a PM to you

Quote Originally Posted by kkdan12:
    Let me clarify here. It is more like inspiring young people, esp those who are seen as academically less adequate in Hong Kong. Bring them into event planning and fashion industry by sharing your stories, so that they can see doing a good job in DSE and getting into uni is not the only way to be "successful" in life.
    It seems to me that what you are looking for is encouragement for young people to enter 'creative' industries? I am a bit puzzled as to why you have chosen Event Planning and Fashion only. Are these areas the young people you work with are interested in, or is this something you have an interest in?

It just strikes me as very limiting, which is exactly what you are trying to help them avoid in making career choices.