Like Tree26Likes

American Deodorant

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

American Deodorant

Just relocated from the land of Walmart and Target....having some trouble locating American deodorant. We are in the Arch...and I refuse to pay exorbitant prices for Kiel's or Loccitan. Any ideas?

Any particular brands you're looking for?

Mannings has AXE for $30

Does American deodorant work better on American BO?

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jklombo:
    Just relocated from the land of Walmart and Target....having some trouble locating American deodorant. We are in the Arch...and I refuse to pay exorbitant prices for Kiel's or Loccitan. Any ideas?
    Why American specifically? That rules out a LOT of deodorants. Rexona (a.k.a. Sure) is pretty effective but Unilever are Anglo-Dutch so no good for you.

Btw L'Occitane is French.

Rexona in any pharmacy/supermarket here is the same as Sure in the UK (same tick on the logo) and is also the same as Degree from USA. Just different brand names in different countries.
    Maybe you mean the solid stick type of deodorant? You don't find that everywhere. American brands might be in Gateway in Sheung Wan opposite Wing On, they have loads of US products

Last edited by anorak; 28-02-2014 at 05:46 PM.

You can also check A&M Grocery and Gateway Grocery in Sheung Wan/Central. Both are basically Costco resellers (they buy at Costco in the US, ship over here, and mark up the price quite a bit).

Quote Originally Posted by anorak:
    Rexona in any pharmacy/supermarket here is the same as Sure in the UK (same tick on the logo) and is also the same as Degree from USA. Just different brand names in different countries.
    But it's not American!!! It's owned by Unilever (as per my previous post) who are Anglo-Dutch.

bibbju, elle, anorak and 3 others like this.

OP needs to advise on specific brands he wants to locate in that case

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Why American specifically? That rules out a LOT of deodorants. Rexona (a.k.a. Sure) is pretty effective but Unilever are Anglo-Dutch so no good for you.
    American/Canadian deodorant is quite a bit different than most of the ones available in Hong Kong which happen to be the UK variety.

What the Brits call "deodorant" is called an "anti-perspirant" in NA - and it contains aluminium based chemicals. Some (including me) are allergic to this and consequently, I cant use most of them that are on the market here and in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deodorant

"An American Deodorant" is one that I would not expect to contain aluminium and one that I could use; must be careful and check ingredients.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast