Like Tree11Likes

Hair color disaster turned into great find. Best hair colorist in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hair color disaster turned into great find. Best hair colorist in Hong Kong

A few days ago I went to have my hair colored and went home with effectively orange hair. A total disaster. So I called the salon back and said I was not happy and am very glad I did, because I ended up finding the most talented and expert colorist instead! Her name is Lorena and she is the owner of "hairdressers hong ". She very graciously came in on her day off and personally fixed it. She used the Balayange technique and the result is beautiful. She is a real master and understands colour. Highly, highly recommended. Won't be letting anyone else do my hair from now on ....

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Kavikris, rani, lingc and 3 others like this.

Long shot asking this but... Is there any good salons in the NT that are familiar with Western Hair? The last time I went to the Island for it cutting and colouring, it cost the equivelent of £300! My hubby had heart failure LOL

I'm not familiar with the NT ... But I thought going to the island was the best bet ... Even though risky. Turned out that was true on both counts

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

karen09 likes this.

You could probably take a taxi to the island, get your hair done, and get back out to the sticks for less than £300

So there is a twist to my story,.... And I will never go back to that hairdresser again... Unless I want to be that fool quickly parted from my money again...

After all that coloring, my hair was dried out, brittle and extra fuzzy. So I was persuaded to come in the next week to have a Keratin treatment. Normally it costs around 2500 HKD, which I think is quite a lot of money, and would never do it. But they were advertising a 1500 hkd special, and even though that is still not cheap,... Thought I would go ahead and book in.. As I was booking, the colorist Lorena told me that the special price was for a junior and I should book in with a more senior person to have a better job done. It would be a bit more expensive. I agreed,... Thinking it would be a little but more but not that much more. She had fixed my hair color so I trusted her. Stupidly, I didn't ask ' how much more?'
    So, the next week, I arrived for my appointment, had treatment done, and then got stung with the bill.. And I mean STUNG! 3700HKD!! Am still reeling.. Not only that the treatment was so poorly done that after 1 wash, you'd never know the difference. I had it done at Toni and Guy last year and it lasted all summer long, a saviour in the humidity. Not the case here,... And twice as expensive. Beware this salon. I will be avoiding like the plague..

TeeGee, you should have done some research first.
    The Keratin treatment (also called Brazilian blow-dry) costs HKD 1.800.- at Paul Gerrard and HKD 1.300.- at Alflatus in DB. Both are upmarket salons and in both cases the treatment is done by senior stylists.
    Frankly speaking, the first colouring mistake should have raised the warning signs, why go back there and spend even more money...

TeeGee and drumbrake like this.

There is a more important generic principle being ignored here : Dont be shy, ask for the cost before you agree to go ahead with it. Why go into any transaction without knowing the costs up front ?

TeeGee likes this.

Show us a photo of your hair

Yes. Feel very stupid about that. A rare oversight on my part. Because I had been quoted 1500 to begin with, assumed the increase would be approx 20-30%. Same as the sliding scale normally used for junior vs senior stylists. Another lesson in Never Assume things work the same in Hong Kong.

Now am thinking of the lovely beach holiday we could've had for that money. Seriously.

karen09 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    TeeGee, you should have done some research first.
    The Keratin treatment (also called Brazilian blow-dry) costs HKD 1.800.- at Paul Gerrard and HKD 1.300.- at Alflatus in DB. Both are upmarket salons and in both cases the treatment is done by senior stylists.
    Frankly speaking, the first colouring mistake should have raised the warning signs, why go back there and spend even more money...
    When I went to Paul Gerrards it cost me 3500 a couple of years ago. :0( Ive since decided to buy the stuff from Ebay and do it myself.

I have now a Local Chinese friend and she buys her own treatment for 35HKD and does it herself. I will keep you posted. :0)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast