Like Tree8Likes

Eek! Rain! Rubber Boots?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I have to laugh at the HK'ers in their wellies on dry days (as I was a few weeks ago). Today, however, they had the last laugh. On the other hand, my sandals will be dry soon and will still be good for when the rain stops

Crocs are not bad in this weather either.
    Me too. I normally only dig my wellies out for mud or walking through actual water. Not for walking through IFC ;-)

However, rain was torrential when I left earlier so I thought I'd try and fit in by going native today. :-P So I've got my half-height Festival Hunters on (they have studded bands round the ankle and heel) with gym kit (cycling shorts) under a raincoat. I feel like I'm channelling 1980's Madonna!!!
    HK_Katherine likes this.

First it was the transparent kettle, then there was the water and rice epic, then it was hot water in a kitchen now we are getting onto wellies.
    You really can find the most useful information on the most useless subjects on geo.

jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    First it was the transparent kettle, then there was the water and rice epic, then it was hot water in a kitchen now we are getting onto wellies.
    You really can find the most useful information on the most useless subjects on geo.
    it's a fashion thing, transparent kettles, designer willies

it's like explaining why an audiophile grade amp (looks like a black plain box with a single button and knob to them) to female, or off side rule to them ( there a female ver involving queuing and buying a limited edition bag which everyone is chasing for and realizing has not got her purse) or what is bhp and it's importance in cars

I resent that statement! Pink wellies with heels are vital for my well-being when it rains!

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    it's a fashion thing, transparent kettles, designer willies
    Thanks for making my morning

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    have anyone seen rain boots with zipper? need some urgently!!!
    Honest question- doesn't having zippers kind of defeat the purpose of wellington boots? Do they not leak?
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Transparent wellies! that'll be a money spinner

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Transparent wellies! that'll be a money spinner
    Didn't emx put up a photo of them earlier? Not entirely transparent, you could still see the soles......

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Didn't emx put up a photo of them earlier? Not entirely transparent, you could still see the soles......
    Don't see pics on my iPhone for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Don't see pics on my iPhone for some reason.
    Whoosh.
    (he posted a photo of flip-flops).