Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By kimwy66

Laundries screwing up clothes!?

Closed Thread

Laundries screwing up clothes!?

Unfortunately my apartment doesn't have a washing machine or the correct plumbing for one so have been relying on the local laundries. It seems every time I get a load back at least one item has got some stain on which looks like bleach or dye or something. This has happened at both the laundries nearest to where I live. I've now taken to hand washing anything decent. Is this common and has anyone else had this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Been using the same laundry for >10 years - never had such a problem

Have used local laundries on and off for years and never had a problem with stains (that I have noticed).

imparanoic likes this.

How can your flat have not the correct plumbing for a washing machine? Not outlet or tap? Just asking as in HK, we sadly found out, they do not use hot water in 99 percent of apartments or houses for laundry. A good laundry is used was the one in square street! Sheung wan. I forge the name but the owner is Raymond and when our washmachine buggered up because the lack of hot water did not dissolve suds, resulting in mould, this laundry did out sheets et al very fast and good cleaning. They just do not do ironing. Open from 8 am until 6 pm.

Don't most washing machines heat the water themselves? Ours only has a cold water connection, but can do up to a 90 c wash. And the water is definitely hot because I can feel it on the door window.

Sent by telepathy via a ouija board

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Don't most washing machines heat the water themselves? Ours only has a cold water connection, but can do up to a 90 c wash. And the water is definitely hot because I can feel it on the door window.Sent by telepathy via a ouija board
    Same here but we dont use the Hot function, my clothes keep shrinking as it is and using hot water will make it shrink faster, or is my belly getting bigger

If you put it on 40 there should be no shrinkage.

We had the same problem then switched to another laundry mat which solved the problem. I confronted the first laundry place and they claimed to not know what I was talking about.