Brazilian Blowout Treatment

Closed Thread

Brazilian Blowout Treatment

Hi,

I would like to do a brazilian blowout treatment but this is so expensive in here that I was thinking to buy product on the internet myself and having it done buy an hairdresser.
    Is anyone tryed it that way or directly at a hairdresser and can advice?

Thank you,

(I am based in Hong Kong)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There is some liability issues regarding the BB at the moment; it was banned in Hong Kong but should be released from that ban later, perhaps in a few months. You might wish to wait.

My hairdresser has been using an alternative to the BB, which is cheaper and less 'straight' for less time. Ask around for alternatives.

Is this what the England Football team had done?

Thank you Claire for your answer.
    I did not know it was banned from HK. Can you tell me a little bit more about the alternative you are using?

thank you,

Lily

I didn't realise its banned either. Have still seen salons advertising it. Recent promotion at Hollywood Hair

Hollywood Hair | Brazilian Blowout Special

I have not heard of this being banned in HK, my GF works at an international salon and they still offer the service.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The actual Brazilian Blowout was banned in Hong Kong, not necessarily similar products. It was also banned in Australia, Canada, Ireland, France, and Germany. I was told that officials were sent to salons and suppliers to ensure they had disposed of the products. Even strawberrynet.com stopped selling it, although I notice the name has reappeared recently perhaps ready for when it's 'released' again. If salons continued to offer genuine Brazilian Blowout treatments, they would have bought the products elsewhere.

lilyma, the treatment my technician now uses is Tibolli. I prefer it as my hair doesn't go through the 'dead straight' period, which looks terrible on me.

Best thing is to ring around (or perhaps visit) and find out which salons are offering the Brazilian Blowout, as I said the ban is being lifted and some have already resumed offering it. I've seen a poster on the side of O2 salon at the top of Wyndham Street for it; don't know the salon myself so cannot vouch for it... just seen the poster on the side.

I find it really expensive at Hollywood hair event with discount.
    Claire could you advice your technician?

thank you

(to claire) May i ask where do you do this treatment (salon name) and for how much? What's the difference?

Thanks!

There's a groupon today for a place called Four Hair

Goldwell Kerasilk Hair Treatment

Have been going there for a while for haircuts with a stylist called Cairy. Haven't done a Kerasilk treatment but thought would share with you in case anyone interested.