Like Tree7Likes

Men's barbers

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Does anyone know of a place that does beard styling? I

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Does anyone know of a place that does beard styling? I
    You're not a hipster are you?

Go to Lyeung Street west in Central off of QRC between Pedder Street and Pottinger Street. Before the Prizemart is an old building, take the elevator to either the third or sixth floor. The Filipinos there know how to give nice "Western" haircuts. I pay only 60HKD and would gladly pay 3Xs the price. People always ask where I get my nice haircuts. They think I go to the basement of Landmark.

goodluckduck likes this.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by biffski:
    Go to Lyeung Street west in Central off of QRC between Pedder Street and Pottinger Street. Before the Prizemart is an old building, take the elevator to either the third or sixth floor. The Filipinos there know how to give nice "Western" haircuts. I pay only 60HKD and would gladly pay 3Xs the price. People always ask where I get my nice haircuts. They think I go to the basement of Landmark.
    Just re-quoting the above as I guess guys like me who are new arrivals often ask the question of where to get a reasonable hair cut. I took the advice above (the street is actually called Li Yuen street but otherwise the directions were spot on).

I visited the Filipino ladies on the third floor and got a very good haircut (although I'm no expert, she took around 45 minutes on me and was happy to take more off the top when asked). All for the princely sum of 60 bucks. Well happy, especially as you could probably pay 10 times that in some of the fancy places around the area. Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by goodluckduck:
    Just re-quoting the above as I guess guys like me who are new arrivals often ask the question of where to get a reasonable hair cut. I took the advice above (the street is actually called Li Yuen street but otherwise the directions were spot on).

I visited the Filipino ladies on the third floor and got a very good haircut (although I'm no expert, she took around 45 minutes on me and was happy to take more off the top when asked). All for the princely sum of 60 bucks. Well happy, especially as you could probably pay 10 times that in some of the fancy places around the area. Recommended.
    Glad I could help. Yes, there is actually a California licensed hair stylist there. She is a Filipino who is married to an American. She takes her time and knows how to do various styles. No more Chinese "military" cuts for me.
    goodluckduck likes this.

Talianna in 2/F of Melbourne Plaza is an old style barber shop. $260 gets you a wash, cut and style. They use a real blade razor to trim the edges which gives a much closer, sharper trim, but not many people use since it takes some skill to wield. I used to go to the Fleet Arcade too but have not gone in a while.