Like Tree8Likes

Ladies Hairstylist???

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LetMeKnow:
    Hi Cathwa,
    Did he do any threatment for your hair?Otherwise there is no way frizzy hair can be turned into sleek waves..?Are they permanent ?
    Yes, it can if the stylist removed several inches of damaged hair and removed some inner weight to make it not seem to poof out as much. Additionally it's likely that he used some product.

Also, Cathwa's definition of "frizzy" may be different from yours. It sounds like Cathwa was previously using a silicon-based serum to "tame her frizz", but, really, silicon products require harsh shampoos to remove from the hair and are worse for your head in the long run.

Some things that can help frizzy hair: Shampooing less often (or forgoing shampoo entirely for those with curly hair), vinegar rinses at the end of washing, oils in the hair (camellia works well for this), etc. Those with curly hair can try conditioner-only routines.

Bit disappointed

After all this oohing and aahing I was really looking forward to my makeover at Cairy's salon today, especially as I could no longer afford to pay Paul Gerrard prices.
    I have to say I'm a little disappointed... I don't know whether his costs have gone up but my colour (more on that later), cut and blow dry cost $1090 - I might almost as well have gone to P Gerrard!
    In addition, it took almost 5 hours!!! I haven't had lunch and have missed an entire afternoon of appointments.
    As for the result - he did give a very good cut, I have to admit, and some advice on styling.
    However, the colour was all wrong and that was the one thing I was happy about before I went in. I asked him to repeat the 3 tone half head of highlights I had already but he refused and said he would stick to blonde. I said I trusted him after he showed me the colour, although I did wonder to him whether it would not be warm enough. In the end, without telling me, he briefed the colourist to cover all my other hair (ie not highlighted hair) with a boring brown (in his view to cover the grey)- my original colour! So I have come back from a highlight session with darker hair than I went in - not the point. Also, they have covered my scalp with brown dye, which obviously looks ridiculous around the hairline. The highlights are also not well done as they start a few centimetres from the scalp already so it looks like I need to have my highlights done again and I've only just had them.
    All in all, I am not really sure I would go back for colour - and I am even doubting the point of going there for a cut when they are now almost as expensive as the other Central salons.

Sorry to add a bit of a dampener to the general cheers but it seems not everyone has an amazing experience there so I thought it was worth passing on a balanced view.

Calling All Blondes! (or faux-blondes)

Hi ladies,
    Just adding my two cents for what it's worth....I had a fantastic experience at Paul Gerrard with Catherine today on my first trip to an HK stylist for highlight upkeep since moving here last month. Totally recommend her for any blondes! I'm from Atlanta, GA, USA and was really nervous about finding someone here, went to consultations at several salons and have to share her with you guys. She did a great job. Hope my research pays off for you too!

Yes she's already recommended further up the thread actually! But thanks for adding that in too - I used to use her but she is too expensive now (though really great)

I went to his new salon yesterday to get my new hair color. I demanded ash brown color which is quit light (close enough to blonde) but I have a great dissapointment about that as my hair color hasn't change much. It's still quit dark for ash brown, my man said it's just similar to what I had before which is chocolate brown, no big change. It's look nicer than before but I just don't get what I asked for . He maybe good at cutting but for coloring, you may have to think twice or more to go to his salon.

With my slightly curly, fine and hence - courtesy of the Hong Kong climate - impossibly frizzy hair, I am in need of constant hair attention.
    But unfortunately I cannot afford the $700 or so to visit Catherine at Paul Gerrard as often as I'd like. (I have been to see her twice since I've lived here and have been moderately happy with the cuts on each occasion).
    Rather than forking out all that $$$, last time I tried a local salon in Wan Chai ... but was not particularly impressed ... basically they tried to cut my hair as if it was thick and Asian and straight, which it ain't...
    So, it was with great interest that I read this thread and thought I would try this Cairy for myself.
    I went to see him for a cut last week and am absolutely delighted with what he has done. He totally understood how to deal with my fuzz and to rectify the last hack job (i.e. the one at the local salon.. apparently they used thinning scissors, which is all wrong for my type of hair ... you learn something every day....)
    Cairy spent over an hour carefully cutting it.
    $240. Can't complain.
    Amazing what a good haircut can do for how you feel about yourself too.
    I don't do the colour thing, so I cannot comment on that.
    But I would highly, highly recommend Cairy for a cut. And will definitely be returning there next time I need to deal with the frizz...

i use marcus at toni & guy in central.
    i'm really picky about my hair and he does a very good job.
    it's 300 or 350 i believe, last time i went.
    calvin is also good.

I went to Cairy this week, and really like him. All my friends have been using him too We only cut and haven't tried any of the colorists.

D o you have to book an appointment really early on or even last minute might do : for Cairy

Hello, I would love to get Cairy's details from you!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast