Like Tree24Likes

Where to shop mid range fashion in Hong Kong?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by gataloca
    The other reason is that the shop assistant didn't want the friend to try on clothes that she might not fit in, cause she is afraid that the friend might break or stretch out those clothes.
    Who says she was going to try anything on, or was buying for her? People buy presents on holiday. And god forbid someone browses in a shop before realising it's not for them, whether for reasons of taste, size, or whatever else. I've lived here long enough to expect it, but that still doesn't change my belief that making such presumptions and treating a customer like that isn't sensible or polite.
    I have no problem fitting clothes in Japan, but when I was living there my tall, curvy sister visited me. When shopping, rather than chasing her out of the shop, the sales assistants directed her to accessories and whatnot, stuff she could wear and buy. She's still got a lot of the stuff she bought there and, rather than being embarrassing or a bad memory, she looks back fondly on our time shopping together.
    TheBrit likes this.

I had the experience of shopping for my soon-to-be-born baby and being told not to purchase the newborn size clothing because "You big you have big baby." Even Western newborns are still, you know, the size of newborns. They were trying to steer me to 6 month sizes!

TheBrit and MerMer like this.

The professional and more patient sales assistants in boutiques are happy to show you that they don't have the stock by using a measure tape.

Quote Originally Posted by gataloca
    The other reason is that the shop assistant didn't want the friend to try on clothes that she might not fit in, cause she is afraid that the friend might break or stretch out those clothes.
    MerMer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglinggal
    The professional and more patient sales assistants in boutiques are happy to show you that they don't have the stock by using a measure tape.
    Absolutely. Once I was in Sogo, and saw a pair of boots I liked. I told the sale assistant that I wanted to try them, but was afraid that might be too tight for me. She said yes, might be too tight for me. A sale assistant from another brand saw me and invited me to try a pair of her boots (similar to the other one I saw). She gave me a pair of stocking and told me that told me the boots would easily stretch out with that. I tried and they fit be perfectly, so I bought them.

Some sales assistants are just plain lazy and stupid. Once I was trying some clothes in a small boutique, and had one who refused to give me a size smaller to try cause was afraid that I might break it. That is the reason I always prefer to shop in big stores where I can browse the clothes by myself, rather than ask for help.
    gigglinggal likes this.

You can try a good tailor or couture nearby. This will ensure the fit and the quality of the sewing process and the materials used. I don't consider buying from big brands because theirs are too expensive and can give me few more clothes with the same quality with tailored-made clothing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4