Like Tree24Likes

Where to shop mid range fashion in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Where to shop mid range fashion in Hong Kong?

Hi I just recently moved to Hong Kong and I realized that there are only high street brands such as H&m and Zara or else there are high end designer brands such as Louis Vuitton and Versace. I wonder if anyone can point me out to a direction where I can find affordable clothing that's good quality too but doesn't break the bank

Price range around $500 -$800 for a dress

Thanks for your help!

M&S, I guess. Not that I'm in the dress-buying game. But has to be in the ball park I think.

Sure it's a high street brand, but it's kind of boring and reliable old faithful, no. None of this new-fangled foreign stuff. Works for socks and jocks at the very least.

You could wander all over the rest of Hong Kong and find cheap local clothes shops galore -- plenty at street level in the outer reaches -- e.g. go for a stroll in Darkest Shamshuipo. Sizing is another story. I'd better shut up now and let the more appropriately chromosomed members chime in with more fact than supposition.

Last edited by Kinch; 20-05-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Think Giordano Ladies has decent quality stuff. Pretty comfortable, understated clothing design, reminds me of Banana Republic but often with a twist. Their prices are similar to Zara, I think. You can get work and casual clothing there, and the sizing is pretty generous (I'm a L at Zara and often have issues finding clothes that fit from HK local stores).

Maybe you can also try Massimo Dutti or Club Monaco. Their average prices may be slightly above your ideal budget, but I've gotten dresses on sale that fall between HKD500 and 1000. To be honest, I feel like prices in HK are often inflated compared to N. America--fewer sales and the regular prices seem to be slightly higher when translated into HKD, probably due to the astronomical rents that stores have to pay.

DrWho and gigglinggal like this.

Hi,

There are a couple of malls in Causeway Bay around Windsor House opposite Victoria Park. They sell local designs and are around your price range.

Marks and Spencer

Online from your home country!

Those two are pretty much all I do these days. But mostly that's because I can't fit into local sizing either.

Top shop

Pull and bear

PULL&BEAR Hong Kong - Official Online Store

Uniqlo

Times Square in CWB may have what you want, or hit the fabric markets in Sham Shui Po and have a tailor make up something for you. I've given up shopping here. H&M...market in Wan Chai in that side alley off the MTR. They often have clothes in various outlets. I buy most of my underwear there.

TBH, head on over to Macau at The Venetian, more shops there that cater to what you are looking for.

M&S quality is not great, and have found it worse in recent years. Had some trousers only last one season. Husband insists on their linen trousers, but the fabric is so thin now with a polyester mix. And their prices are inflated in HK. Argh!

I've actually found a couple of shops on Queens Rd in Sheung Wan that has some large sizes and good prices. They're like "outlet" stores, selling things with tags ripped out. So maybe keep an eye out for random "junky" clothing stores ...

I have had work suits and dresses made up by one of the tailors in Wan Chai for not much more than I would have paid for an off the peg equivalent from one of the better mainstream retailers in the UK (e.g. Jigsaw) and I have bought a few bits and pieces from the markets. Most of my favourite UK stores deliver to Hong Kong, including John Lewis, White Stuff, Boden, Joules and good old M&S, so I am still buying from them online. The postage usually costs GBP 10-15, but some of them take off the VAT, which more than covers the postage.

I have been particularly impressed with M&S UK who I have ordered from several times (mostly childrenswear). Orders I place at the weekend have so far always been with me by Wednesday at the latest. Much cheaper than buying in HK and a wider range.

Place on Queen's Rd. West in Sheung Wan is called Nice Export. There's also a shop in Kennedy Town.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast