Like Tree9Likes

Reasonable shopping areas in Hong kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Reasonable shopping areas in Hong kong

Hi All,

I am new in Hong Kong and would really appreciate help to find reasonable shopping areas in Hong Kong.
    I checked out few areas but those were branded shops and were fairly expensive.

TIA.

What are you looking for?

Shamshuipo and Mongkok are cheap for electronics for example

I am looking out for clothes shopping.

Don't look only at ground floor.

civil_servant likes this.

Shatin City Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by medhasahu:
    I am looking out for clothes shopping.
    Chain store wise, have a look in Uniqlo and GU which will be arriving this year.

I brought up a similar subject with my local colleagues, and they've stopped buying clothes in Hong Kong, ordering online from Taobao or buy when they visit Japan (which averages out at least 3 times a year for each of them).
    East_coast, Skyhook and shri like this.

What type of stores did you go in before you came to Hong Kong?

Hong Kong has many choices from Markets to high end mass luxury.

What would you consider reasonable for a blouse / shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    Shatin City Plaza
    Good ,but avoid the weekend.

I recommend Sham Shui Po markets and Fuk Wa street markets. City gate - avoid. Designer outlets which are still three times as expensive as what you pay in Europe. TBH, I rarely shop for clothes anymore in HK. Either I sew them myself or head up to Shenzhen ( no, not Lo Wu, but Dongmen and the clothing districts. ) I do know a lady in Sham Shui Po hawker bazaar who is a seamstress and speaks good English. Sham Shui Po for underwear, shorts and hiking gear, household stuff and accessories. Wan Chai markets for socks, leggings and pantyhose, underwear, swimwear, t shirts and light clothing. Shoes.

I have bought clothing in Japan ( accessories are the best), but I found shopping in South Korea even better, particularly as their local designers are more affordable than those in China or HK ( and on the mature but still funky end of the spectrum unlike the grownup wannabe a toddler again style in HK) .

A local.shopping mall. They are everywhere in the NT. The dingier looking ones.

hycart likes this.

We've pretty much stopped shopping in Hong Kong, having spent most of December, in Melbourne, and shopped our lil hearts out.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast