• 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By kimwy66
  • 2 Post By Mat
  • 1 Post By UK/HKboy

Green, Safer, and Healthier beauty care

Closed Thread

Red face Make our personal care routine safer, greener, and healthier

Hello Expat Community!

I am an Organic skincare products addict. I have been switching little by little my personal care products to natural and organic products. I love natural and organic cosmetics so much that I dwell into them in my personal life and at work. I love sharing my lifestyle and helping friends and people go green too. I believe that we live in a very "chemical" world which we could not avoid totally. But in our small home space, we can have much more impact on the way we and our family want to live. It is up to us to create a more healthy space to get "recharged" and get our body some "rest" so it can face the "outside" threats more strongly.

I would be glad chatting, exchanging, and laughing with those who are also interested in a green lifestyle in Hong Kong.

Eileen

Just to be clear, when you say you are an overpriced pseudo-science "addict" what you mean is that you run an online shop selling such products - right?

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Just to be clear, when you say you are an overpriced pseudo-science "addict" what you mean is that you run an online shop selling such products - right?
    I am more alarmed about someone selling skincare products that turn you green!
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Welcome - what if one happens to like 'chemicals' though?

Quote Originally Posted by naturecare:
    I love sharing my lifestyle and helping friends and people go green too.
    I have always wanted to, but it's not easy being green. And green can be cool and friendly-like...but sometimes I think it would be nicer to be gold...

I believe that we live in a very "chemical" world which we could not avoid totally
    I know right, I can't get over how rampant chemicals are, dihydrogen monoxide is everywhere!

It is up to us to create a more healthy space to get "recharged" and get our body some "rest" so it can face the "outside" threats more strongly.
    I wonder if you can help with that, maybe some product suggestions...your username sounds like something that would be green - is that an organic product by chance? Because green is all there is to be, it's beautiful and I think it's what I want to be. But it's not easy...

juanalias likes this.

Do you have any recommendations for stores in HK? I've been looking into greener household and beauty products, but I've struggled to find much locally.

Quote Originally Posted by louhkg:
    Do you have any recommendations for stores in HK? I've been looking into greener household and beauty products, but I've struggled to find much locally.
    I'm quite sure she has and will be along soon to recommend one.

Done, I followed her advices and I turned green - somewhat my employer wasn't impressed.

z754103 and gigglinggal like this.

Quote Originally Posted by louhkg:
    How do you do that when most of this green stuff is shipped here on super container ships that produce the pollution that a million plus cars produce...

If you actually want to make a difference move out of densely populated cities, own a standaline passive energy home, grow most of your own vegetables, produce you own eggs, frui, meat and electricity. You know, self sustainable..

But if it helps you sleep better by buying these touchy feely products, even if you might actually be part of the problem, and why planet Earth at present is at 60% biocapacity !

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    How do you do that when most of this green stuff is shipped here on super container ships that produce the pollution that a million plus cars produce...

If you actually want to make a difference move out of densely populated cities, own a standaline passive energy home, grow most of your own vegetables, produce you own eggs, frui, meat and electricity. You know, self sustainable..

But if it helps you sleep better by buying these touchy feely products, even if you might actually be part of the problem, and why planet Earth at present is at 60% biocapacity !
    There are shampoos, soaps, detergents etc. made from bio-degradeable ingredients. I've heard about some old ladies in Hong Kong who make their own dish washing soap from old vegetables bits that are thrown away (something to do with their natural oils and starches?). I didn't research more so not sure if they sell the stuff, but I guess that is what he means by greener options.

i did see some of these environmentally friendly liquid soaps in Citysuper before, but as you say, they were imported and defeats the purpose.
    Skyhook likes this.