Like Tree15Likes

Barbers with Skill

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Barbers with Skill

I've found a lot of barbers/hairdressers here are subpar until you get into the $350 range. I really don't want to pay that much for a haircut! I'd like to find a barber who really knows his way around a pair of clippers and is very good at blending/tapering hair. That's the issue with a lot of haircuts here--no attempt is made to blend and they just get you in and out as fast as possible without any real skill being involved, factory style.

Anyone know of a good barber for $200 or less? I'll travel for the right cut. RMB 30 always gets me a perfect haircut north of the border!

This takes skill:

https://i2.wp.com/therighthairstyles...00%2C499&ssl=1

Morrison likes this.

You have to pay for skill and training. Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

jayinhongkong and huja like this.

Dunno, US$20 would get you a first rate cut anywhere in the US. I just got an amazing cut for 10 Euro in Barcelona. Why is pricing here skyhigh? I'd pay $200 but $350++ is too much IMO

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Dunno, US$20 would get you a first rate cut anywhere in the US. I just got an amazing cut for 10 Euro in Barcelona. Why is pricing here skyhigh? I'd pay $200 but $350++ is too much IMO
    Rent.

I have a good one but over 350 so sorry.

I used to go for the 100-200 range for many many years but I got tired of the bad cuts.
    I go less often but higher price and I feel it's worth it.

That's why I just cut my own until I get to escape! But would be nice to not have to go out of town for a fairly priced cut. You can get a decent meal for a fair price here; why can't we get decent haircuts? I'm sure there are great local barbers around--I just don't know where they are. I need to stop some locals with good haircuts and ask them where they go.

Once, out in Lai Chi Kok or Tai Wai (I think?) me and my little brother got haircuts that were the best we'd ever had, and they were cheap, too. I guess that's where I need to start looking! The other guys in the barbershop found us fascinating, but WOW! What a cut.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 07-12-2017 at 03:10 PM.

I've been getting my hair cut by Ken at Hair Zuga in Kwai Fong for the past several years, $210 each time. He was recommended by some local friends and I've been consistently happy with the results. You'll need to communicate in Cantonese.

https://www.facebook.com/HAIRZUGASALON/

jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Dunno, US$20 would get you a first rate cut anywhere in the US.
    No.
    jayinhongkong and z754103 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    No.
    I could get one for that or less! Anywhere I'd be likely to go anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by nickvv:
    I've been getting my hair cut by Ken at Hair Zuga in Kwai Fong for the past several years, $210 each time. He was recommended by some local friends and I've been consistently happy with the results. You'll need to communicate in Cantonese.

https://www.facebook.com/HAIRZUGASALON/
    Thank you, I am in Kwai Chung often and could give that a try!

Hmm actually I don't think that would work out based on their Facebook.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast