Like Tree3Likes

Tailor-made shirts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by rochacbm
    Have you done shirts there? What’s the price range?
    as far as I’m aware they are top quality but overpriced.
    Why do you think they are overpriced if you are getting top quality?
    Paxbritannia likes this.

I have not done any shirts there to know. I know you pay for reputation, expensive store rentals, etc. Win Guide produced top quality shirts for up to $900 (Thomas Manson Goldline, mother pearl bottoms, etc).

I wonder how much is a shirt at Ascot. I've heard suits starts at $40k, which is a bit too much for my understanding.

Being a trained tailor, I'd just like to mention that pattern making, cutting, sewing, interfacing, pressing.......tailoring are very labour intensive require skilled professionals and take time - hence it can't be cheap. Tailors, cutters and seamstresses need to earn a living wage too.

rani likes this.

I have not done any shirts there to know. I know you pay for reputation, expensive store rentals, etc. Win Guide produced top quality shirts for up to $900 (Thomas Manson Goldline, mother pearl bottoms, etc).
    Winguide makes reasonable quality shirts, not top quality. Which is fine as they are inexpensive, but don't confuse the two.

Materials aside, they don't do bespoke tailoring, they are more of a made-to-measure operation where they take some quick measurements and bang out a shirt that mostly fits.

I'd still recommend them though.

I wonder how much is a shirt at Ascot. I've heard suits starts at $40k, which is a bit too much for my understanding.
    AC starts about $1,000 for house fabric with Thomas Mason fabric being in the $1,500 to $2,500 range. Pay with Amex for 10% rebate.

AC first order is minimum 3 shirts unless you get introduced by a VIP client.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master
    AC first order is minimum 3 shirts unless you get introduced by a VIP client.
    My first order was only for 2 and I just walked in without introduction or appointment.

Thank you, but I will keep with Wind Guide, which makes Thomas Manson Goldline for under $1000 with all the perks.

I think WG does a good job manufacturing them and I can't see how much better it would be to pay double the cost.

If one day I get really, really reach I'd give it a try ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2