Like Tree16Likes

For the Aussie expats who miss Aussie fashion labels - your opinion please?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question For the Aussie expats who miss Aussie fashion labels - your opinion please?

Hey everyone, ex-expat here (lived in HK for 3 years before moving home to Sydney) hoping to share something I know I missed when I was living there - and also to ask for your opinion!

Admins, please let me know if this is against the rules, much appreciated!

I used to work for Deutsche Bank in the ICC and pretty much indulged in retail therapy either at IT, Lane Crawford (when I could justify the expense haha), BCBG (bc there was a shop downstairs from my office) or the little boutiques in the arcades in Causeway Bay.
    Something I really missed were Aussie brands like Sass & Bide, or the cool independent labels I used to love supporting back home.

Now that I'm back in Sydney, I've launched a fashion-tech startup to help the independent labels get out there to a bigger audience. It's essentially a virtual personal stylist that takes a shopper's preferences and matches them to the independent Aussie labels that suit their style, emotions, price point etc. Takes the frustration out of searching for labels that are unique, ethical, sustainable or made in Australia that also happen to suit you.

My QUESTIONS to you are:
    1) Living in HK, do you still want to shop/discover Australian labels?
    2) Would you pay eg. AU$25 to get the items shipped to HK?
    3) Would you be interested in attending a pop-up shop that showcased only Australian independent labels?
    4) Would you rather shop these labels via a personalised shopping suite event (eg. by invitation/booking only)?
    5) Do you care about any causes like sustainability, ethically made, made in Australia, plus size clothing...or do you just want something that is stylish & unique?

Thanks in advance everyone. Happy for any answers to any of the above questions. Super appreciate it!

Happy to answer, not that my answers will be helpful!

1) Living in HK, do you still want to shop/discover Australian labels? Not really. I do want to find stuff that fits though.

2) Would you pay eg. AU$25 to get the items shipped to HK? Yes.

3) Would you be interested in attending a pop-up shop that showcased only Australian independent labels? No.

4) Would you rather shop these labels via a personalised shopping suite event (eg. by invitation/booking only)? No. Unless you held it somewhere convenient for me (which is not HK Island !)

5) Do you care about any causes like sustainability, ethically made, made in Australia, plus size clothing...or do you just want something that is stylish & unique? Care about size. Don't care about anything else (including fashion).

z754103 likes this.

Seriously never thought I'd see a thread about "missing aussie fashion labels" ... but then you're trying to do the whole "digital marketing" thing..

HK_Katherine likes this.

Thanks for your feedback, it all helps!

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Seriously never thought I'd see a thread about "missing aussie fashion labels" ... but then you're trying to do the whole "digital marketing" thing..
    haha there's something for everyone. I didn't include my startup name or link in the post as I'm trying to do market research rather than market anything

I know I definitely missed Aussie labels when I was living in HK - hoping to see if anyone else here feels the same way ^_^

Meat pies, Chiko Rolls, Corn Jacks.

jw1701 likes this.

Pie Face.

And Wagon Wheels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6XMV03pUMo

SpeakCantonese likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Meat pies, Chiko Rolls, Corn Jacks.
    i'll have a fried dim sim while you are at it

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    i'll have a fried dim sim while you are at it
    Wtf is a dim sim?