Hey everyone, ex-expat here (lived in HK for 3 years before moving home to Sydney) hoping to share something I know I missed when I was living there - and also to ask for your opinion!
Admins, please let me know if this is against the rules, much appreciated!
I used to work for Deutsche Bank in the ICC and pretty much indulged in retail therapy either at IT, Lane Crawford (when I could justify the expense haha), BCBG (bc there was a shop downstairs from my office) or the little boutiques in the arcades in Causeway Bay.
Something I really missed were Aussie brands like Sass & Bide, or the cool independent labels I used to love supporting back home.
Now that I'm back in Sydney, I've launched a fashion-tech startup to help the independent labels get out there to a bigger audience. It's essentially a virtual personal stylist that takes a shopper's preferences and matches them to the independent Aussie labels that suit their style, emotions, price point etc. Takes the frustration out of searching for labels that are unique, ethical, sustainable or made in Australia that also happen to suit you.
My QUESTIONS to you are:
1) Living in HK, do you still want to shop/discover Australian labels?
2) Would you pay eg. AU$25 to get the items shipped to HK?
3) Would you be interested in attending a pop-up shop that showcased only Australian independent labels?
4) Would you rather shop these labels via a personalised shopping suite event (eg. by invitation/booking only)?
5) Do you care about any causes like sustainability, ethically made, made in Australia, plus size clothing...or do you just want something that is stylish & unique?
Thanks in advance everyone. Happy for any answers to any of the above questions. Super appreciate it!