Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JoeyT
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By ajohnso2

Good hairdresser around Olympic?

Closed Thread

Good hairdresser around Olympic?

Hello all

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser around Olympic? Ideally looking for someone who can speak some English. I’ve been to the place in Olympic 1 (e-cuts) but it was dreadful and they don’t understand anything.

I just want a simple number 3 on the sides and 2.5 on the top but then blended together. In the UK it was so easy to get a good haircut!

go to central

there are few good ones in Central - should try muse hair

I second the ""go to Central" opinion. It's not just the English, you need someone who has dealt with Caucasian (I am assuming) hair which, particularly if very wavy, can act a lot different from Asian hair. I go to a place in Sheung Wan (Milinni) where they really listen to me as my hair is very short and wavy and I see plenty of Caucasians. Not cheap but not crazy expensive (about 350). It is the one thing I do not economize on as a bad hair cut will make me look like a skinned rat.

If all you want is a jarhead cut, QB is the place to go. $50 was the rate a couple of years ago when I was there, 5 or 10 minutes with no rubbish chat and a hoover up to finish. Brilliant stuff, you can’t whack it.
    One in Olympic, which is where you asked for a salon, also in Central - where you didn’t.

ajohnso2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT:
    If all you want is a jarhead cut, QB is the place to go. $50 was the rate a couple of years ago when I was there, 5 or 10 minutes with no rubbish chat and a hoover up to finish. Brilliant stuff, you can’t whack it.
    One in Olympic, which is where you asked for a salon, also in Central - where you didn’t.
    FYI - Gone up to $60.
    gigglinggal and JoeyT like this.

Recommend QB in Olympic, They do speak English and do a good job for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT:
    JoeyT likes this.

$60 now, what a rip off! Good to know and thanks for that, still pretty amazing isn’t it.

I’ve been using one in Hoi Fu Mall, he’s marvellous and does everything /anything I ask for. He basically reads my mind! I’m not sure if he speaks English but you can give it a try, he’s very experienced
    pm me for his contacts

Isn't the one in Hoi Fu QB too?

There used to be a Petit lady with short spiky coloured hair with tattoo arms at QB Olympic 3.. She was great! But she's gone now..

Now I go to a salon in olympian 2 next to 7Eleven - they speak English there.. The guy with the mo does my hair.. $260