Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Where to get a legit haircut in Hong Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by AliT
    100% Hair House Barbershop by Adam Chan. Either Admiralty or LKF for locations. Above poster said they won't wash your hair, but if you ask they will. Nice guys in there and all extremely well trained for the style of haircut you want.
    I think he was talking about Handsome Factory. Hair House wash your hair first by default.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb
    I think he was talking about Handsome Factory. Hair House wash your hair first by default.
    My bad!

Quote Originally Posted by wongbr8
    I like Handsome Factory. Tried Hair House but hated my haircut so didn't go back. Note that they don't "wash" your hair, so if you go in make sure you don't have a lot of product already in it as they just wet it and start cutting.

Now if I schedule a haircut after work I make sure to take a quick shower at the gym so my hair is gel-free
    Can vouch for Handsome Factory. Shite name, great fades. They will wash your hair if you've lots of product in - and ask. Otherwise it's just wet it and cut it.

$380 for a cut. They're all good in there, but I use Ball or Shaun.

Their hair products are mint, too

Quote Originally Posted by irisboards
    Can vouch for Handsome Factory. Shite name, great fades. They will wash your hair if you've lots of product in - and ask. Otherwise it's just wet it and cut it.

By mint, I mean top quality stuff

By mint, I mean top quality stuff
    And there was me thinking you walked out smelling minty fresh after a haircut.
    irisboards likes this.

Handsome factory in Causeway Bay was pretty good for hair and beard trim. Been using Selvedge on Pottinger for past several months which is a step above however the person that normally cuts my hair has left so just waiting to hear where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    And there was me thinking you walked out smelling minty fresh after a haircut.
    Yeah, exactly! Actually, you walk out smelling like you've been to an olde worldy barber because they use all that old school barbicide and after shave on your neck (if you get a fade) or face (if you get a shave)

I've changed the products I use in my hair now as a result of the cut I get and they smell pretty good, too!

I use Ball too! Booking is easy via their website. $380 + tip ends up being $400. They didn't have a sink so I don't see how they could wash your hair though (I'll check as I'm going there tomorrow for a cut). I generally grab a free beer so I take it as a happy hour beer worth ~$60 slashed off the price

Actually I was talking about both of them. They didn't have a sink in either of them so I was pretty annoyed. I use American Crew Superglue and Hair House just wet my hair and started cutting, despite me asking for a shampoo first. Pair that with the fact that the back of my head turned out terrible I never went back haha.

Hair House in Central (off LKF) have a sink against the window in the back corner and wash everyone's hair before cutting. Never been to the other location. Handsome Factory have a sink but it is small and not set up to lean back and have your hair washed. I suppose it is probably possible to wash your hair there but it wouldn't be comfortable.

Handsome Factory have a sink but it is small and not set up to lean back and have your hair washed. I suppose it is probably possible to wash your hair there but it wouldn't be comfortable.
    Not the most comfortable, but it's just a small inconvenience. They've actually only done it once, when I had a lot of heavy wax in.

At other places I'd get a nice hair wash but an average cut, whereas at Handsome Factory it's a wash if necessary (I don't use too much product or heavy, greasy ones) and an ace chop ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2