Like Tree25Likes

How to have glowy skin (look young)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    @juanalias and @Plutark the irony provided was clearly unintended, but still amusing.
    Thanks for explaining this. While your points are never clear, I do always appreciate the time you take to talk down to us little folk.
    jgl likes this.

Rather than turn this into the predictable bashing thread, wouldn't it be slightly more obvious just to say "genetics"?
    Yes, but often (and this is surprisingly important) the obvious answer isn't the correct one.

jgl

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias:
    Yes, but often (and this is surprisingly important) the obvious answer isn't the correct one.
    It's largely down to genetics, not how frowny people are. Look at Asians who have grown up in Western cultures. I write this as someone who would get regularly asked for ID into my 30s. This is a thing that happens amusingly often with Asians.

Sometimes the reflexively bigoted answer isn't the correct one.
    Last edited by jgl; 24-12-2018 at 11:20 AM.

It's largely down to genetics, not how frowny people are. Look at Asians who have grown up in Western cultures. I write this as someone who would get regularly asked for ID into my 30s. This is a thing that happens amusingly often with Asians.

Sometimes the reflexively bigoted answer isn't the correct one.
    Haha! Way to double down. I underestimated you. Let me plan my droll response...

Though I do note a whiff of self-congratulation in your response. A worthy adversary, ye may yet be.

[email protected] That wasn't it.

jgl likes this.

I know some Chinese ladies who smile and react and live big lives. Their wrinkles aren't any different to Western women who also live their lives.
    And just to make this creepy, a wrinkly smile is well sexy on a near-50-year-old. So grrrrrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by juanalias:
    I know some Chinese ladies who smiled and react and live big lives. Their wrinkles aren't any different to Western women who also live their lives.
    And just to make this creepy, a wrinkly smile is well sexy yo a near-50-yeat-old.
    That wasn't it either
    juanalias and jgl like this.

Southern coastal China including Taiwan is actually pretty good for Asian skin. The humidity here is a good factor. From what I observe, it takes at least a generation of living here for Chinese or other East Asians from other regions to have the local skin type. Yes overseas Chinese and Chinese of other parts of China do look different, including sizes, heights and skin. Which is normal due to different cultures, climate and diet.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    Not living in HK is a good start...the pollution here is terribly harsh and drying on the skin and hair

If you are being asked for ID in your 30's, it means you are the size of a child.

Good skin is age independent. Glow is separate... typically fades in the early 20's for Asian girls. Late teens for others. Putting that shiny thing all over your face does not count and is a real turn off.

And @juanalias, "50" and "glow" should not overlap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast