Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shafiq

Vinyl material peeling off jacket sleeves - is it fixable?

Closed Thread

Vinyl material peeling off jacket sleeves - is it fixable?

Hey all,

The vinyl material is starting to peel off the sleeves from my jacket, I wonder if it can be fixed?
    Jacket itself costs like $1200 HKD, and I love absolutely love it.. one of my fave jackets that I got. Sleeves is made from vinyl and the main body is cotton or something?
    Would like to have the material on the sleeves replaced with the same type of material on the main body if that's possible? Would be difficult as the stitching would have to be taken apart, etc. but can it be done?
    Anyone out there know any good, decently priced shops that can fix the jacket, and how much roughly would they be charging?

Thanks a billion.

Is there a fundamental problem with the build of the jacket? I had this happen to one of mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Is there a fundamental problem with the build of the jacket? I had this happen to one of mine too.
    Build of the jacket is very strong and high quality, just the sleeves have a problem

Made in China or Vietnam?

My guess is it was like a sticker ironed onto the base fabric? Are you sure the rest of the jacket is not man made material as well? Like polyester instead of cotton? A jacket like that is basically disposable wear. After a few uses, it coverts to rubbish. While you paid a stiff price its more they sold you something not worth its cost.

Quote Originally Posted by nickelodeon1997:
    Hey all,

The vinyl material is starting to peel off the sleeves from my jacket, I wonder if it can be fixed?
    Jacket itself costs like $1200 HKD, and I love absolutely love it.. one of my fave jackets that I got. Sleeves is made from vinyl and the main body is cotton or something?
    Would like to have the material on the sleeves replaced with the same type of material on the main body if that's possible? Would be difficult as the stitching would have to be taken apart, etc. but can it be done?
    Anyone out there know any good, decently priced shops that can fix the jacket, and how much roughly would they be charging?

Thanks a billion.
    https://youtu.be/qoemyjyPjww
    shri and flameproof like this.