Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By tf19
  • 1 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 1 Post By hongkongmusic

Tailor for Shirts

Tailor for Shirts

Hello,

I'm looking to get a few shirts custom made.

Any recommendations for a good tailor? Not interested in super expensive luxury stuff, just a few shirts for work that actually fit me at a decent price :-)

Quite a number of friends, colleagues, and myself have been going to Ornald Wilson in Sheung Wan / Central for almost a decade. Ornald is professional, fair, and won't take your money until you're 100% satisfied with the quality & fit. He prices shirts by fabric which range around $300-500 per the last time I checked.

Can't recommend the guy enough.
    https://g.co/kgs/wkd1be3

Indian touts still on Nathan Road? Haven't been there in years

Heard they're amazing.

Definitely don't go there

grammer-nazi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Indian touts still on Nathan Road? Haven't been there in years

Heard they're amazing.

Definitely don't go there
    Why? Surely a copy watch to go with the new clothes?
    newhkpr likes this.

I've been going to Jantzen tailor in Worldwide House for some years. They're not bespoke tailoring but have a few templates they use to then adjust. Fit is acceptable but not perfect. Easy/non iron European (some Japanese) fabrics with upgraded buttons runs $450 a shirt. They've been very sturdy shirts and I almost feel sorry for not going back more often, simply because I don't have the need to (because old shirts are still in great shape). From experience, no price adjustment since pre-COVID.

I've been to Jantzen as well. No complaints.

Not that I have ever managed to get Sam's to look up past orders and fill orders from abroad; but the problem I have had when using good tailors was that things develop so quickly in real estate terms that it is quite rare to trace a tailor I used only a few years ago, to repeat an order.

I am invariably left admiring some Pun Tin Tailor label and wondering where he is now!