Like Tree6Likes

Good hair salon..?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Now in Hong Kong. Previously in Toronto, Canada

Hey Trebor

You can check out Charles from La Coupe... Good with Caucasian hair! Has his own website so u can do a search

emmanuel f - i'd like to try this salon, please could you post details? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by glamandgreen
    why dont you give pout a try to emmanuel f . hair salon, since i enjoy it very much.. my hair is wavy and the french guy who cut my hair in layers, he made my wavy hair in tidy wavy ,non frizzy..

contact me if you want to try=)
    emmanuel f - i'd like to try this salon, please could you post details? thanks

A google search will bring you to : EMMANUEL F.

Quote Originally Posted by colemacj
    emmanuel f - i'd like to try this salon, please could you post details? thanks
    I go to Emmanuel to get my hair cut and he does an amazing job and the Nepalese women at the salon give great scalp massages. I have thick hair and got tired of going to local places where they don't have any idea how to cut my hair. This guy Emmanuel can cut hair and my hair is the one thing I'm vain about.

Went to Porky, terrible haircut. My haircut is completely uneven and choppy. I do NOT recommend him. I've been wearing my hair in a pony tail for the last 2 weeks waiting for it to grow so I can recut it again!!

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju
    Just to expand (didn't have time originally), Porky who owns this salon used to work at Toni & Guy in London and he was recommended to me by my colourist at Brooks & Brooks in London (London hairdresser of the year multiple times, set up by two former directors at Trevor Sorbie).

Salon Boku have only been open for a year but they seem to be attracting some Western clients by word of mouth. They're more East London edgy cool than Mayfair ladies who lunch (think Shoreditch rather than Sloane St). They're on Bonham Strand and have a Facebook page (which seems to be the easiest way to book with them). I had a cut and colour (cut by Porky, colour by Tim) and was absolutely terrified beforehand (first hair visit in HK) but was very happy with the results and will be going back again very soon. I paid just over $1000 all in so very reasonably priced, especially compared to Paul Gerrard, Toni & Guy etc.

Just to add that I'm blonde! And Porky and Tim are lovely. Brooks & Brooks are trying to lure Porky back to London to work for them so get to Salon Boku while you can ;-)

I go to Anya at Indulgence day spa, 3rd flr Prosperity Tower. She is good, listens to what you want and what suits you. Anya is not cheap at around $600 for a haircut but I've been going to her for the past year or so and have never walked out dissappointed . I love it when my hair is being washed there as it REALLY gets a good clean and condition, and the head massage...aaahhh. The staff are very friendly, too.

Last edited by Natfixit; 13-11-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Indulgence Hair Spa is Great

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit
    I go to Anya at Indulgence day spa, 3rd flr Prosperity Tower. She is good, listens to what you want and what suits you. Anya is not cheap at around $600 for a haircut but I've been going to her for the past year or so and have never walked out dissappointed . I love it when my hair is being washed there as it REALLY gets a good clean and condition, and the head massage...aaahhh. The staff are very friendly, too.
    I decided to try Indulgence Spa based on this comment. I was able to get an appointment the day I called with Micheal Tsang, a senior stylist. I am caucasian with long thin-ish hair that has been impossibly frizzy since moving to Hong Kong. His haircut and blowout were Fabulous. By far the best blowout i have ever had, there was absolutely no frizz, something i have never experienced-and this was only using the moroccan hair oil as product. 3 days later, my hair is still smooth and relatively frizz free despite multiple showers and self-blowdrys. His women's cut is $550 hkd, which i found reasonable. My husband accompanied me to the haircut and after seeing mine, was able to book an appointment with Mike right after mine. A bonus is that they give champagne to sip on during your cut which was nice. 5 stars.

yesterday I've been first time to Ivy at upper room. she is greatly recommended for cuts/highlights by almost everyone for good reason. she's really that good, even better
    she spends 100% of the time with you (no assistants or juniors) while doing her job perfectly. deeply recommend!

Went to Porky some time back, he was more interested in how did I learn about him and hopes that I write about my positive experience of his saloon. He did cut my hair properly, just few cuts. Would not go there again.

Last edited by Lyelik; 08-12-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju
    Just to expand (didn't have time originally), Porky who owns this salon used to work at Toni & Guy in London and he was recommended to me by my colourist at Brooks & Brooks in London (London hairdresser of the year multiple times, set up by two former directors at Trevor Sorbie).

Salon Boku have only been open for a year but they seem to be attracting some Western clients by word of mouth. They're more East London edgy cool than Mayfair ladies who lunch (think Shoreditch rather than Sloane St). They're on Bonham Strand and have a Facebook page (which seems to be the easiest way to book with them). I had a cut and colour (cut by Porky, colour by Tim) and was absolutely terrified beforehand (first hair visit in HK) but was very happy with the results and will be going back again very soon. I paid just over $1000 all in so very reasonably priced, especially compared to Paul Gerrard, Toni & Guy etc.

Just to add that I'm blonde! And Porky and Tim are lovely. Brooks & Brooks are trying to lure Porky back to London to work for them so get to Salon Boku while you can ;-)
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but just wanted to update it in case someone dug up this recommendation using the search function.

I regret to say that I no longer recommend Salon Boku. The quality of the cutting has gone progressively downhill and to be honest, they seem to have lost client focus. There's been some staff changes (Tim has left) and for whatever reason, they just seem to have lost "it". I'm now looking for a new stylist and colourist (after "cheating" and getting my hair cut in London last time).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast