Like Tree6Likes

Good hair salon..?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

It's possible to save a bit of money if one considers going outside TST and Central. I live in Mei Foo and Chinese friends recommended a place close to my apartment. Today I got a haircut from stylist Sam Man of Promised Land in Mei Foo, No. 29C3-C4 Humbert Street, Mei Foo Sun Chuen, Kowloon, 2307 4610. He's not fluent in English, but he communicated fine with me. He really listened hard and gave me exactly the haircut I wanted, plus suggested improvements, and he was right. A nice long shampoo by his assistant, pretty good scalp massage, a precise cut, blow-dry, more cutting, hair was totally soaked again, then a final blow dry. My hair is extremely fine, and he knew just how to handle it. It costs just under $200. This is not a fancy place, but I see lots of Hong Kongers with great haircuts on the MTR, and they go to places like these.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Any recommendations in Wanchai? I'm male and just had a cut by a hairdresser here who I can only assume has suffered some terrible slight at the hands of Gweilos, judging by the near drunken stylee I have ended up with.

In need of urgent rectification. Help.

Try QB House- my boyfriend discovered this recently and was really pleased after several dodgy cuts elsewhere! It's no frills. You pay $50 into a machine and take a number. They cut your hair in 10 minutes! Look at their website for locations. They have done a really good job time each time he's been there (he just has short back and sides and a bit longer on top so nothing fancy!)

pariah likes this.

I'm still getting my hair cut by stylist Sam Man of Promised Land in Mei Foo, No. 29C3-C4 Humbert Street, Mei Foo Sun Chuen, Kowloon, 2307 4610.
    Four haircuts so far and he has been consistent in his care and precision.
    A friend who recently went to him said she got her best haircut EVER from him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5