Like Tree2Likes

English speaking hairdresser (not central)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sai Kung Hairdresser

Try Tala's in Sai Kung - they're western, very professional and much cheaper than Central. They even offer a glass of wine at the right time of day

2335 1694
    G/F 56 Po Tung Rd.

Judy

There's a place on Queen's Road East, Wanchai near Pacific Place 3 who advertise that they cater to English speaking clientel. Don't remember the name but they advertise in BC magazine. Get a copy for free from most western bars.

Thanks guys, Sai King sounds like more my end but any reccomendations are welcome. Thanks again

Exclamation Try Hajira she's great with hair and AFFORDABLE

If you are a woman/girl try Hajira in TST - she has a private salon by appointment only (tel: 64487171). She has done a fabulous job styling and coloring my hair at an affordable rate - she is professional and use top quality products but she doesn't cost a fortune.

Plus, her salon is easily located just outside the MTR/KCR exit.

so did you find a salon that has english speaking stylists and does the yuko system at a cheap price?dont want to pay more than $800
    i want that done as well, but need a english speaking stylist.

Is the espirit salon any good? what are their prices like?

I don't know about Esprite

Hi no I didn't find and English speaking hairdresser but I found a brilliant chinese hairdresser that cut my hair and ioned it for $600 wohoo!! It's the best cut i've ever had I was lucky I dragged my chinese friend along with me to translate, so if you have any chinese friends I totally recommend Hair Beauty in Tai Po. Good look finding any salon that speaks English at a reasonable price.

P.S I checked the Esprite website and they are a stupid price....If your HK island side everyone has been telling me to go to the Toni and Guy training academy it's $50 for a cut not sure about anything else. Have a look on other hair threads it's mentioned all over the place... Good luck...

Last edited by Bo*; 12-02-2006 at 02:00 PM.

If i find one that speaks english i will let you know. But i might try that tai po one out. How long was the process of straightening? I heard its about 5hrs.
    I did check the espirit website, it does look a bit expensive for a straighten and cut, if i convert into sterling it works out the same as London chinatown, so im not paying over £100 for it.

I am actually bbc but just cant speak cantonese. But i probably will ask my chinese friend to go with me, at least then they cant con me and push the price up a bit.
    But i will always settle on the price before they come anywhere near my hair.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:
    If you are a woman/girl try Hajira in TST - she has a private salon by appointment only (tel: 64487171). She has done a fabulous job styling and coloring my hair at an affordable rate - she is professional and use top quality products but she doesn't cost a fortune.

Plus, her salon is easily located just outside the MTR/KCR exit.
    I've also used her for straightening and a friend had her do a perm as well...she actually called a few days later to see how we were getting on with our new styles...I have never had a hairdresser follow up with me...to me it shows that she genuinely takes a long term interest in her clients.

Hi again, I really do recommend Hair Beauty if your looking for a good cut aswell I was lucky as they had a half price offer for about 6 things and the ion was one of them the normal price was $600 for the straightening and $134 for the cut. So even at full price it's still under $800. My hair is REALLY thick and I was there from 11 till 4 but it was defaintley worth it. I've never had it done before so wasn't really sure of the process but I am really pleased (i'm one of those people that hates the hairdressers) so i'm extra pleased..
    The address is Shop 209 D L2, Plover Clover Garden Shopping Arcade, 3 Plover Cove Road, Tai Po, N.T Tel: 2656 0555
    My stylist was Kit and day off on Tuesdays... I also recommend taking a photo of how you want it if your after a cut aswell. If you would really like to go but are unsure of how to get there let me know and I could take you but also bring a chinese speaking friend ... Good luck again

English speaker hair salon

Try this one in Sai Kung. Their service is excellent and all the hair dresser can speak English very well even the junior one. Don't think the junior hair dresser is not good enough. The boss there just only employ the very good staff for the salon. I know their hair dressers are all came from some very good reputation hotels' salon.

Tala's Hair & Beauty Centre

Tel:2335 1694

56 Po Tung Rd, Sai Kung

Hope this help!