Swedish restaurant

Closed Thread

Swedish restaurant

To take my mind away from the SARS panic I went restaurant hunting in Sha Tin today. Wanted to eat something other than the Canto dimsums I eat almost every day for lunch.

Lo and behold ! I discovered Sha Tin's best-kept secret (at least it was a secret to me) , a lovely restaurant-cum-cafe in the Ikea store at Level 3 Grand Central Plaza, next to the Sha Tin KCR station. Featuring some great dishes, including some good Swedish food and coffee.

It was big, very Scandinavian looking ( IKEA furnishings and decor all around obviously), and had
    $29 lunch specials like Mince Steak with Grain Wild Rice and Philadephia sauce and Seafood Crepe served with Gravad-lax-saland. Not to forget the Poached salmon with cream sauce.
    Also $22 lunch specials like Pan-fried Pork chops and Chicken a la Lisbon.
    Also lots of roasted potatoes, bacon, sausages, veggies, cream/cheese based sauces, 4 types of cheesecake (lemon, tiramisu, and two other types which I forget), good swedish coffee, tea, non-alcoholic drinks. Plus kid meals in colourful kid crockery and cutlery

Great value food, some unusual dishes, pleasant decor, nice view of the nearby hills ... all in all a good lunchtime experience.

By the way this restaurant is not to be confused with the tiny 'bistro' and swedish packaged food counter at the exit.

Shri I also met your Canadian friend John the architect there.

Dam, the secret is out! We have been dropping into here for the last few years, as you say the food is pretty good and great value for money. Weekends it is usually not too crowded and weekdays are very quite.

The hotdog stall at the exits is also good, $10 for a hotdog and drink – can’t be beaten.

The only downside is that you usually end up buying something you don’t need with an unpronounceable Swedish name from the Ikea shop on your way out

Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer and the family go to an Ikea type store and eat at the restaurant.