Restaurant ordering without Chinese

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by pacman:
    By the way, I did in fact find a menu from what seems to be a HK restaurant: China garden menu.
    )
    That restaurant does not seem to be HK style. The menu looks like a collection of several different Chinese cuisines like Peking, Shanghai, Sichuan, Yunnan. It does not appear to have any typical HK food.
    Last edited by geo-seb; 21-07-2006 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by geo-seb:
    That restaurant does not seem to be HK style. The menu looks like a collection of several different Chinese cuisines like Peking, Shanghai, Sichuan, Yunnan. It does not appear to have any typical HK food.
    Oh
    Do you know of any English and Chinese menu which is more typical of HK restaurants?
    I have problems finding anything other than Chinese restaurants in the US or the one I just linked.

I'm leaving for HK the day after tomorrow!

okay, try to go for dinner. Pick a chinese restaurant that looks "local" enough to you. (ie. no english menu) Chances are they might offer dinner for 4, 6,8 or 12. Don't even try to ask the friendly server what those are as long as it starts off with a BBQ dish (bbq pork and/or duck), a disk with veg and some meat, followed by a steam fish, might be with something else, and the last one should either be fired rice or noodles, and usually comes with fruits. Those costs from a few hundred dollars to thousands, just pick your price range. I am pretty sure you'll find some amazingly good stuff. I never know how to do the ordering and usually my friends/family do that and I always find those set dinners good and with a reasonable priced.

I'm not sure if I've misread you, but are you saying that the two of us should just go to a standard Chinese restaurant, be shown to a table, and they'll start serving us something at random?
    Sounds exciting , but paying in thousands could pose an economic problem

And being just two people I really don't understand why they should start serving for 4, 6, 8 or 12 people.
    I must have misunderstood what you've said

o, sorry I didn't know it's only for two of you. That case it's proibably going to cost about 200-300 dollars( or less), they usually have set dinners which are really good since they only sell food that are seasonal and good.