Like Tree8Likes

German/ Austrian Restaurant ??

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oma's Kitchen on Park Island (down at the beach).

German Western Restaurant Oma's Kitchen's Overview - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

tiggerbear likes this.

Finally went to Weinstube with my Austrian friend. Everything was great. It's a small cosy place. Food was pretty good and for the first time I tried the Erdinger weisserbier dunkel. It was great n I had 2 rounds .
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by tiggerbear; 08-10-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbear:
    I tried the Erdinger weisserbier dunkel. It was great n I had 2 rounds
    OMG! So good that you actually had two beers? Wow! I bet you've been waiting your whole life for such a celebration.

(Erdinger is available pretty much everywhere, by the way, and Germans would regard a litre as a small aperitif!)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Glad someone said it. Much as I love travelling to Germany and Austria for the scenery and the hiking, it's not somewhere I'd go for the food!!!!
    it's because you are not familiar with Germany.
    There is
    a. plenty of restaurants available ( unlike Egypt or Mexiko where people traditionally eat at home )
    b. you can find a broad variety of authentic foreign food in Germany
    Turkish,Greek,Spanish, Persian, Italian and since recently also a few good Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    it's because you are not familiar with Germany.
    There is
    a. plenty of restaurants available ( unlike Egypt or Mexiko where people traditionally eat at home )
    b. you can find a broad variety of authentic foreign food in Germany
    Turkish,Greek,Spanish, Persian, Italian and since recently also a few good Chinese
    I think you're missing the point. Why would Moving go to Germany for authentic 'Turkish, Greek, Spanish, Persian, Italian' food?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    OMG! So good that you actually had two beers? Wow! I bet you've been waiting your whole life for such a celebration.

(Erdinger is available pretty much everywhere, by the way, and Germans would regard a litre as a small aperitif!)
    Yep my austrian frd told me they drink alot but I m only a Chinese lady who doesn't drink much beer at all..so 2 rounds were rather significant for me I find it quite easy to drink and not as bitter as other brand
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by tiggerbear; 08-10-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    I think you're missing the point. Why would Moving go to Germany for authentic 'Turkish, Greek, Spanish, Persian, Italian' food?
    Morrison was indeed missing the point, but MI07's post nonetheless demonstrated tremendous ignorance about German cuisine and the food/dining scene in Germany. Gourmet German cooking and modern German cuisine can be excellent and on par with the best in the world - for instance, the Michelin Guide for Germany awarded three stars to 9 restaurants, two stars to 18 others, and one star to another 198.

Indeed, it appears like as if I missed the point. My apologies.
    But what I am trying to communicate is that what you get served here as German food most Germans don't eat anymore on a regular basis, except the people over the age of let's say 50.
    There has been a tremendous shift in preferences and in cuisine.

Thus if you appreciate good breakfast, a wide variety of sausages, fine bakery products, and international cuisine then Germany is surely worth a visit.

can you freeze german food

bookblogger likes this.

I just spent a week in Austria (in the Montafon near the Swiss border). I can attest that it took two buses and a train to get out of the valley in order to find a chinese restaurant.... within the Montafon there was ONE kebab joint in Shruns and everything else was "Austrian" with the odd pizzaria (hardly ethnic). Of the many Austrian restaurants we frequented, the food was "ok". But the lack of any spices (even garlic seems like a foreign substance) makes the meals really bland and boring ... hence our desire to exit to a larger city for some variety (a single chinese restuarant in the whole city!).

Even in a small town in Australia you might find various cuisines ... i find it really strange that Austria (and Switzerland too from experience) appear to have so few!