Traditional Family Friendly Christmas Lunch

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Traditional Family Friendly Christmas Lunch

Facing the prospect of Christmas without an oven and no means to cook a Turkey, roasties, Christmas pud! Can anyone recommend a good family friendly restaurant for a good ol' British Christmas lunch? Cheers

Dublin Jack is always good for that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Check the hotels.

I went to Delaney's with my family last year. Lots of family groups in there. Food good enough.

What's your budget?

I wouldn't like to spend in excess of 600HK per adult (x2). The kids are aged 3 and 10 weeks, so not expecting to pay for the younger, and wouldn't expect to pay full price for the oldest either (he probably won't eat it in any case)

Assuming that's excluding drinks then I guess that gets you plenty of choice (although I see that, for example, the Excelsior's Xmas lunch is $948 per person, albeit including free-flow champagne).

I was going to suggest The Pawn, but I see that last year they decided to be "different"; this year's menu isn't up yet.

Note also that many of the hotel restaurants have minimum age limits (e.g. the Mandarin Grill minimum age is 12, so that's ruled out).

The Globe also has Xmas menus, but they aren't quite the traditional stuff either... Having said that, The Globe is pretty good value generally.

Er, I was hoping to post more useful suggestions here, but I'm struggling a bit...

Thanks for the ideas. Good to know that I don't have to call off Christmas just yet, but still need to do a bit more research me thinks. Minimum age limits in hotel restaurants - not good - could potentially rule out a lot of options.

You can also buy pre-cooked turkeys from a number of supermarkets - check out Olivers or Great for example, you can almost certainly buy the whole lot (hot) and take home to serve, which might be closer to the "traditional" thing you are looking for. Don't worry - they will all be open on Christmas day if you forget something!

We went to the JW Marriott last year. It was about HKD 600 per head for adults. There were children there and they had a Santa with presents for them so it might work for you. It wasn'treally a traditional lunch though, but a really nice buffet.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast