Foodie Experience

Closed Thread

Smile Foodie Experience

I have some visitors coming to stay that are very much foodies. Thought I would like to give them the "local" dining experience. Can anyone recommend a Private Kitchen, preferrably on Kowloon side. Or any other different dining experience for the "semi" adventurous. Thanks

Semi-Adventurous woud enjoy these 2 :
    Tung Po Seafood in North Point
    Chuen Kee Seafood in Sai Kung

HC

Last edited by HowardCoombs; 26-11-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jkoch:
    I have some visitors coming to stay that are very much foodies. Thought I would like to give them the "local" dining experience. Can anyone recommend a Private Kitchen, preferrably on Kowloon side. Or any other different dining experience for the "semi" adventurous. Thanks
    Bo innovation is good fun but eye-wateringly expensive

I would check the China and SE Asian boards at Chowhound.com.

China & Southeast Asia - Chowhound

Those guys are serious foodies and there are always threads about the best places to eat here in HK (and not all of them are fancy places).

I really enjoy the Chiu Chow style food and Chong Fat is quite authentic :

Chiu Chow Chinese Restaurant Chong Fat Chiu Chow Restaurant's Overview - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

This is a small old style restaurant and very authentic food made with care. Made with care is obvious right from the start when you enter all the food and cooking is displayed in the front of the restaurant. You may walk up and point to what you want so don't worry about what to order.

Yung Kee another favorite located in Sham Shui Po. The house special chicken is amazing. The roasted crispy pork is best i have tasted. Also the Ba Fan Yu is terrific especially with beer, sometimes if too busy they will not make this dish. There may be a que to wait at prime time. Very good hong kong style food.

Hong Kong Style Chinese Restaurant Yung Kee's Overview - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did check out Chowhound. com. Very comprehensive. Yung Kee also sounds good