Like Tree5Likes

Café Gray

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fancy drinking red wine with pork and fish.........honestly some people have no ettiquette ;-)

is the first week of December always "International Week of Grey/Gray"? Ive never seen the geo boards light up with so many references to grey in such a short period.

All i know is, I dont like to burn my bridges, no matter how a company leaves me. Afterall, you would just be left with grey charcoal wouldnt you?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    No idea why you went to Cafe Gray if you wanted to splash out. That's a first date kind of place that's all. Gray Kuntz is out of town at the moment thus the quality of food you had clearly slipped from when he's usually in the kitchen.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thanks to everyone who commented.

One small omission the filet américain, wildly jummy, melt in the mouth stuff, the raw egg when you come on it in the secrete nest of soft raw beef is like dancing into the sunshine of a flower filled prairie on the central Asian steppes. Just as good as they do it back home. Worth a brief visit just for that alone.

Yes we also wondered why we went there Jumbo, the tartar did a lot to convince us. Caught up in the hype I suppose, just goes to show. Proper unbiased reviews are always better, forget the local press. Any new restaurant with its chef in tow is worth it, but sadly they just open the things here then soon bugger off leaving indifferent food behind. HK is littered with establishments like these.

Greys (as I like to call them) horsey as I am closed down operations at Time Warner Centre NY '04, and opened up in HK 09 ..........apparently also eyeing Manhattan as their next stop? I wouldn't if I was them I really wouldn't. Maybe a small bar serving booze and filet américain, some European oysters might also add to the repertoire.
    No one listened to me, but what we should've done was go to "Ruth's Chris Steak house" near Admiralty.

You can certainly waste company finances there, even your own I have found out on more than one or two occasions.

It is outrageously priced by any standards but still manages to sooth your wallet as the food is none other than good old home cooked (family fare) food.

Minus the odd sulking CantoPop star that no one knows, though I did know Hins Cheung king Hin and rather intimatley (blush) other than that its usually totally empty so also feels like ones very own dinning room.

Highly recommended.

You left out how much you stiffed the company. Spit it out why don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    You left out how much you stiffed the company. Spit it out why don't you!
    Bearing in mind the idiot American CEO (and aren't they all) wanted all 30 of us to dine at Gaddi's "The Peninsular" to unveil and celebrate the worst choice of "Asia president" ever and also given half were Aussies we actually saved the company at least 60 000$ in wine alone by refusing his stupid requests.

Singapore didn't get off so lightly, they went ahead and chartered the yacht the island and the catering.

Anyway we've managed to send "Asia president" on a long goose chase, hopefully that will keep him busy for a few years until we can find a way to bury him. It wont be easy make no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    I smell bougainville.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I thought that when I read it. The style is so similar.

With the flowery, descriptive and over the top use of language, I was going to submit the review for the gastronomic equivilent of this BBC News - Author Somerville wins 'bad sex' literary prize

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    I smell bougainville.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Tiss the season aren't they glorious. I must remember to plant some more.

Not sure how Aussies saved you money. Were they drinking beer?

Or were they quoting on seeing the choice of wine by the Presidente , 'fair suck on the sauce bottle mate!'.

Still good to see that there is still some excess going on in this fcuked up world.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I thought that when I read it. The style is so similar.
    I completely forgot about this.