Like Tree7Likes

Proper British "Fish and Chips"?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You are living in cloud cuckoo land. For example, evening meal last night, small (not fancy) restaurant, 2 courses for 2 people + drinks = HKD106 including service charge.
    I must be, can you specify what creature you tried to swallow?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul101:
    I must be, can you specify what creature you tried to swallow?
    I had minestrone soup and the chicken bake with rice. (not chinese style - vaguely italian style)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I had minestrone soup and the chicken bake with rice. (not chinese style - vaguely italian style)
    Vaguely? Flesh or feather and beak? What did your company eat? And where and what is this place called.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul101:
    Vaguely? Flesh or feather and beak? What did your company eat? And where and what is this place called.
    Chicken flesh - with some rather tasty crispy skin. The Double Star Cafe in Admiralty. Mr Min07 had the same, except he went for the leek soup rather than minestrone.

Ooooh Im goin to try it, except it will cost me more than that just to get there, about 200 in taxi if i leave the car at home ) :

I love leek soup....a lot

Paul

Stop being such a snob.

Plenty of decent places that will serve food in the price range that Moving quoted.

Spaghetti House, Ruby Tuesdays, Outback.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I do not like local food at all. But I enjoy great set lunches every day for around $50-$100. Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian.....

$100 is on the expensive side for lunch, Paul. Geez, what kind of places do you go to?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Paul

Stop being such a snob.

Plenty of decent places that will serve food in the price range that Moving quoted.

Spaghetti House, Ruby Tuesdays, Outback.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Spaghetti House? I'm no food snob but the couple of times I ate there it was just horrible.

Original Post Deleted
    Well DeletedUser you should start a weekly account of your eating establishments (habits) cause I'm tired of paying more than 300$ for one. That's a fact.
    True I often need a few glasses of smooth red especially at that time of day but still I will subtract that as a personal necessity and do as you say.

Well done and thanks.

We don't have to all tighten our belts after all. Good on you.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Paul

Stop being such a snob.
    Im nothing of the sort. In fact I could lay naked in a field in Provence and without moving still dig up a 5star dinner for two for nothing but a few buckshot wounds up the jacksie and one horrible mess to sort out at the pedicurist. I dig with my feet.

Na Im not, not at all, I love food good simple food. Problem all of that is imported, I spent 2000$ just on tappas the other night, and all I got was street food from Spanish pubs

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast