American Sushi Rolls in HK?

Closed Thread

American Sushi Rolls in HK?

Hi I'm an exchange student in HK from the US, and I'm really craving classic American sushi rolls (ie: spicy tuna, avocado, spicy salmon, sweet potato). I would prefer more variety than a california roll. And the cheaper the better!

Thanks

Have not found them either. Would be good to know if there is a decently priced option...

when i go to sushi kuu and sushi u (in central) I just ask the chef to make whatever roll i'm craving and there are no problems. I think if you go anywhere and just ask they will make for you. and if you do go to sushi kuu they have the best spicy tuna roll ever- better than the states! not sure what decently priced is but the rolls in those two establishments run around 60-100 depending on what you're asking for.

has anyone found chicken teryiaki sushi in HK? I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    has anyone found chicken teryiaki sushi in HK? I love that.
    yes... i have had a few times here but mind is drawing a blank on which of the restaurants are serving it since i havent ordered it in a while. i want to say most recently ive seen it in watami.

thanks for reminding me of those...."American" Sushi Rolls. lol

They were like 4cm in diameter, and each one packed with at least 3 types of fish, with avocado, topped off with mayonnaise, roe; and somehow they were able to pack some extra veges into the middle.

They even had bad@$$ names, like dragon roll / spyder roll / godzilla-plows-thru-osaka roll....