Like Tree22Likes

Happy Veggies :)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

I wouldn't normally do this but I cannot believe the front of some people. Rangers Mike PM'd me asking me why I'd "attacked him online." I pointed out that I had actually apologised immediately and listed my apology and my other responses. He then sent me this:
    "Re: Why did you attack me online
    Sorry on getting the exact thing you said mixed up with someone else. I am however still utterly bemused why you attacked me for stating I didn't like the restaurant without being offensive. Even if you apologised after the instance that doesn't hide the fact you attacked me for no good reason. Its just incredibly odd behaviour- someone said 'I like x' someone else says 'I disagree' and then random people attack them.
    TBH I don't know why I bothered messaging you- I was drunk and made the error of wondering why I had been getting all these alerts saying people replied. Anyone who attacks anyone online is a bit special and arguing with someone on the internet is a just sad- even if you 'win' you will still be a loser. As someone said to me this morning you find yourself being offended by someone who attacks you online but then you realise these people aren't exactly living the high life with 1,500 posts in a year.

I really don't get how people think its odd not going to many veggie restaurants. All my friends here bar a few eat meat, and I'd be a odd ball if I didn't eat at places with cater for both of us instead of forcing my views onto others.

BTW I wouldn't take the moral high ground on semantics btw."

I have no idea why I have been singled out for this when all I asked for was a recommendation which to Rangers Mike meant that I was attacking him.

Last edited by Satay Sue; 06-08-2011 at 04:19 PM.

SS,

He's the one who has a problem understanding the social norms of internet forums, not you. Don't lose any sleep over it. Either he'll learn or he won't, but it shouldn't bother you either way.

(Quoting Private Messages verbatim is a bit marginal though...)

Last edited by PDLM; 06-08-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Satay Sue and jimbo like this.

Sue

You weren't the only one so don't worry, I got this from him.

'Cheers for accusing me as a setup
    Read the initial post and obv its an owner/friend on the forum.

Care to offer any facts before you slander me online? Christ you guys spend all day online then criticise a new person in HK who joins for a few months just to meet new people. My mum is a social worker and would no doubt have a field day with you/ 6,500 posts sounds like someone needs to get a life... I've only been here 2 months and managed to ignore the net far more than you.

Mike (or whatever Cantonese name you want to claim I have)'

Hmmm, pretty clear who is the 'attacker' in this case.

Some people can't take a joke!

Edit: just reread, and in fact it seems that the thing he initially took offense to was Virago calling him a 'vege snob'... from then on he was like a man on a mission to cause an argument.

Virago was clearly joking anyway, and it was a joke in response to a very blunt and dismissive post.

Satay sue said absolutely nothing offensive.

Last edited by justjoe86; 06-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.

joe is right. if one is a vegan, its a bit difficult. but it does not mean thst you lose hope. if one has somd patience, he can find a veg resturant....
    manju

QUOTE=justjoe86;1600817]Are you vegetarian? Not trying to start an argument here just I know (because my dad is vegetarian and visited HK) that it's not that easy being vegetarian here in normal restaurants.[/QUOTE]

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8