Like Tree6Likes

Looking for a great breakfast in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    The funny thing is I only get obsessed after 2am in the morning! and it's usually after a big night out or some funny smoke.
    If you get obsessed at 2am in the afternoon, that I would like to see.

Keke sorry it kind of struck me as funny... But merde means "poop" in French... So a funny name for a restaurant.,

Going back to original post... I really like Green Waffle diner. It's also reasonably priced too.

virago and luckycat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lingc:
    Keke sorry it kind of struck me as funny... But merde means "poop" in French... So a funny name for a restaurant.
    That was the whole point of the joke!

Sorry... Joke was lost on me. I actually thought it was true! Haha I blame it on being delirious after working 15hrs...

virago likes this.

Thanks for all the suggestion everyone! I'll be off to try The Frying Pan tomorrow morning...

get there early (or stay out late enough...it's open 24hr) and you can score a couple of sofas to chill out on while you eat...not sure if they take reservations...anyone know? They do have some kind of 'club' you can join...that may be the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit*:
    Thanks for all the suggestion everyone! I'll be off to try The Frying Pan tomorrow morning...
    I would not bother. Over-priced, tasteless pap for food and terrible coffee (assuming you are a coffee drinker).

i would bother...i thoroughly enjoy the food there, and the coffee (not a coffee snob)...taste is a very subjective thing isn't it ;-)

Have you ever been there sober? I thought it was OK the first couple of times I went, but that was at 3 or 4am at the end of a long night out. When I went sober at 9am the full horror of the experience became apparent - poor food, pricey, cheap tacky environment, and a clientele apparently struggling with all sorts of substances apart from the breakfast.

actually i've only been there sober (not a big drinker any more). again, subjectivity...on reflection though, i do wish they had decent hash browns...their side dishes are not among my favorites...

Last edited by anothercanuck; 25-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.