Like Tree152Likes

Incident yesterday at a cafe for breakfast

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by kittyctc:
    Well if I were OP I wouldn't be bothered. It's just a coffee...

On the other hand, people preach about sharing and stuff but if the situation arises they are just as money/power-hungry, selfish, coldblooded as everybody else is. It's the hypocrisy that's so annoying.
    Maybe it was a money/power-hungry, selfish, coldblooded sharing session?

All i have to say now is Jesus loves you, even Chateau.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    As I said, you can't have expectations of others and then not hold yourself to the same expectations.

Ephesians 4:31-32 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
    True, but I don't think chateau's statement constituted bitterness, rage or anger. He had a genuine point to make. I don't know how forgiving he's been though.

Then again, at no point did chateau call himself a Christian, so why does he need to hold himself to the same standards?
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 04-07-2011 at 09:33 AM.

If you judge people then you need to compare your own behaviour regardless of background. So people on here regularly judge the rudeness or otherwise of the local Chinese population without themselves being Chinese. But if you are going to judge other people on rudeness then you do it in comparison to your own standards.

Loz_2, luckycat and Dreadnought like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    What would Jesus do? I believe in the same situation, Jesus would have been happy to give up the unused table.
    That shows how much you know about Jesus and the 12 disciples at the Last Supper. There was Jesus, Mary Magdelene and the 12 apostles. Not 12 plus Mary and a table full of Chateau's ancestors who couldn't find a table at the inn down the street! Jesus was the only one there with a date! The rest had to come stag so what would Jesus do? He'd have booted Chateau's sorry ass out of there before the first goblets of wine were done.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

I can't edit but it was not Chateau - my good pal who should be in sales as he never takes no for an answer - but it was HongKongFootinMouth IIRC that was the OP.

I'm just amazed that Chateau didn't try to seduce her. The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    I can't edit but it was not Chateau - my good pal who should be in sales as he never takes no for an answer - but it was HongKongFootinMouth IIRC that was the OP.
    ......what?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    justjoe86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Nope, chateau is the OP. It does sound like something HKFootsie might say, but it is lacking the Chinese angle.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9