Like Tree5Likes

Shore, Queens Road, Central

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shore, Queens Road, Central

Any one been here? Any recommendations etc. I called up to find out corkage and this place considering its not a "high end dinning" place are charging $300/btl

Wine list was not particularly to my liking hence wanting to bring my own wine...and the "better" wines are too expensive considering they all been marked up already.

As for food the steak in particularly sounds good. I guess i'll find out later, but anyone who's been there with any feedback would be appreciated

It's aimed at bankers. That's really all you need to know.

(And the fact that the word is "dining", not "dinning".)

Last edited by PDLM; 22-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    bookblogger and Cwbguy like this.

Was there recently. Mr SS enjoyed the steak, I had barramundi which was great. Re bar, if you sit outside you have to serve yourself - something to do with their license. It wasn't that much of a hassle, it was a nice terrace

Last edited by Satay Sue; 22-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Was there recently. Mr SS enjoyed the steak, I had barramundi which was great. Re bar, if you sit outside you have to serve yourself - something to do with their license. It wasn't that much of a hassle, it was a nice terrace
    @SS I plan on going for the steak! Hence want to pair with a decent wine.

I got them to wave the corkage fee by telling them we'll order a couple drinks at the bar as a couple of us most likely arrive a little earlier than the rest

@PDLM I was typing fast and not rechecking what i typed. Sue me i made a typo?!

Enjoy Shore, I rate the food there and I'm not a banker!

At $75 for a bowl of soup, $138 for a prawn cocktail and $55 for a bottle of Heineken you obviously have money to burn as if you were...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    At $75 for a bowl of soup, $138 for a prawn cocktail and $55 for a bottle of Heineken you obviously have money to burn as if you were...
    U don't exactly need to be a banker inorder to afford to go to this place, lets say once a year!

So called "Fine DINING" is not for everyone, but im sure the majority of people do it at some point in life. Its not something i would plan to do or to go to everyday....

$55 for a heineken obviously isnt cheap and at the back of my mind i would always do the direct comparison with the retail price bottle from 7/11 for example. Its obvious which is cheaper. But the point of going to these kinda places its cost

Quote Originally Posted by dma:
    But the point of going to these kinda places its cost
    Spoken like a true banker. For me the object of going to a restaurant is the quality of the food at the best possible price. Where for me "best" means lowest, not highest!

It's a nice enough place for a drink after work if you go for the happy hour (not too many places around Central with a large terrace).

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Re bar, if you sit outside you have to serve yourself - something to do with their license. It wasn't that much of a hassle, it was a nice terrace
    My guess is that means that the terrace is in fact a public space, so if that's the main reason you're going there you could turn up with a takeaway pizza and a few bottles from 7-11 and eat them there.
    bookblogger likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast