Like Tree81Likes

Istanbul Express Wanchai - check your change!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiuMaiTaiTai View Post

"So on that same logic, if a girl is drunk then its also okay for a guy to take advantage as she isn't in control ?"

If it is me, I agree that I'd err on the side of caution and resist temptation. Not to mention that I'd hate to have her later on tell her friends that I was so bad in bed she fell asleep or she couldn't remember if it was good or not.

If it is say our pal Chateau, he'd possibly suggest one of two things here. This is all hypothetically speaking as to how he might rationalize things here based only on his prior post that suggests that with Asian women, NO is not all that it is cracked up to be with women from the west. Kinda like red lights for cars are strictly guidelines for stopping and kind of optional depending on if it is in Asia (Actually it is optional in China).

First he might just take a Clintonesque defensive posture and split hairs-not of the pubic kind - and say that 'It all depends on the what the meaning of "is not" is.' Not in control now, never been in control.... does she mean in control by being on top or directing the proceedings. Then he might conclude that he'd think about after he satisfied himself with her moaning.. no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Alternately, if you are an Asia lady he'd simply conclude that 'no means yes' and go ahead and give her a taste of the one eyed snake.

Last edited by Football16; 02-08-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    on the other hand, this is all speculations from a drunk man with no evidence. maybe instabul express is a legit honest business with a less than honest employee.
    there are some things we'll never know.
    Valid point, if it was a one-off then I wouldn't have posted this. But to have happened twice (Mr SS has clarified that the wallet was checked as they paid the bill in their last port of call and the friend definitely returned home via kebab shop) it didn't seem like an error. Of course, it's probably the employee rather than the business. Won't hurt to double-check your change next time though!
    Would also like to point out that this was not just a drunken, rude, staggering around oik, the guy in question is quite laid back and not an aggressive kind of drunk.

Wow, a thread about a kebab shop in Wan Chai prompts a post about Chateau! That's actually quite funny! (wonder where he is by the way..!)

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    the friend definitely returned home via kebab shop
    or via the kebab shop and then a 141 which cost $400, but he can't remember anything... *nudge nudge*
    jimbo likes this.

SS, you should go with invisible marked bills and bust their chops next time.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    or via the kebab shop and then a 141 which cost $400, but he can't remember anything... *nudge nudge*
    I can't believe it took a whole 2 hours before someone said something like that (was expecting it to be one of the first responses!)
    bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    At 5 am in the morning, what better than kebab eh
    Um, can think of many things......
    curious though - success rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    I can't believe it took a whole 2 hours before someone said something like that (was expecting it to be one of the first responses!)
    Bookblogger says what a lot of us think

You guys need to read. The OP said it was about WARNING others, not looking for sympathy or any comments of 'well its your own fault for being so drunk' and I disagree that if you are drunk, warnings don't help (not all drunks think, act or behave the same after all)
    Anyway let the readers decide for themselves, as they say 'don't say I didn't warn you' applies...

And if this cashier did steal from the friend, the focus is that he was wrong to do that full stop, not 'oh well its fair enough as the other guy should of been wiser/more sober' what is this kind of mentality from - China? oh wait....

Nope, he is single and definitely no angel but (I've known him for several years) he would never pay for "it"

edit: in response bookblogger & Jimbo

Last edited by Satay Sue; 02-08-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast