Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By huja
  • 4 Post By carang

Black List: Restaurants and Bars

Closed Thread

Black List: Restaurants and Bars

How about creating a Black List of businesses where you had bad experience: poor service, bad food, bad whatever? Here are my two cents to start.

First, you should know that I am new to Hong Kong (have been here for a little over 3 weeks; I am a European) and thus my first impressions may not be representative. But there are some places i will never visit again:

1. I WILL NEVER GO TO Nia Trang Vietnamese Cuisine in Shatin (NewTownPlaza):
    Ended up there by chance, stopped by to have lunch after shopping: Very plain overpriced food; horrible service: the waiter stood in front of me and would not let me leave until I left a tip. But apparently, 15% was not enough for him as he did not even say thank you or goodbye once he left my table with the tip! there are SO MANY other places to eat in HK--why go there again?

2. NEVER AGAIN: All Night Long Bar (9 Knutsford Terrace, TST): got a drink, paid with cash; got twice as less change as the receipt showed, and no one cared when i asked why (essentially, it ended up being 25% tip). They have a snobbish manager there who i think hates girls: he took my half-full glass straight from my hand during my conversation with friends screaming "your glass has a crack!" and then said, "you should order another drink now." FYI: this is a terrible pick-up line and an awful way to attract girl's attention. More importantly: this is the worst possible way to get more business out of clients. Yes, the live band was OK, but next time i will definitely pass on paying money for being offended twice on the same night.

What are your experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Kate:
    How about creating a Black List of businesses where you had bad experience: poor service, bad food, bad whatever? Here are my two cents to start.
    Your idea is so good, so spot on, it's already been done!! Open Rice in English
    You can even leave positive comments if applicable.
    shri, bryant.english and drumbrake like this.

a waiter in a restaurant waiting for a tip? in shatin? i think you didn't understand something... HONG KONG PEOPLE DON'T TIP> you must have misunderstood. i have NEVER had someone waiting for a tip in hong kong (i arrived 16+ years ago)

I'm with DeletedUser and huja. Better to reward the ones you like with positive reviews rather than focus on the negative comments / experiences - you're still giving them their share of 15 mins.