Like Tree14Likes

Romantic restaurant with a view

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Caprice is very good

Edit ... I mean Petrus

Last edited by limepickle; 04-10-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Pack a nice picnic, taxi to Parkview and walk up to Jardines Lookout for a picnic. Cheaper, nicer and much more original than the poncy places suggested!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Pack a nice picnic, taxi to Parkview and walk up to Jardines Lookout for a picnic. Cheaper, nicer and much more original than the poncy places suggested!
    Sometimes poncy is just what the doctor ordered. And you don't have to worry about the weather.

If you have a car, get yourself a nice takeaway and park your car at the roof top Ocean Terminal facing the harbour @ sunset, front row centre.

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    Sometimes poncy is just what the doctor ordered. And you don't have to worry about the weather.
    Indeed and we don't really know the OP or his girl. But Mr Min07 has learned by now not to take me to fancy restaurants because neither of us really like them, don't appreciate the food (even when it's good, which it often is not) and feel uncomfortable. Some of the loveliest birthday surprises have been the "different" ones - I did like the car in Ocean Terminal idea too - because they are so much more memorable. So at least we are giving the OP ideas and options.
    Natfixit and Laksa Girl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    If the option for picnic exists, I can think of a few places better than Jardines Lookout which is a very small square of dirt (admittedly with very nice views). There is also the option of the military post just below the dirt but thats not very romantic either :-)

My choices for picnic would be Victoria Peak Garden or Cyberport Lawn or West Kowloon Waterfront park. All of them have lovely views, nice gardens and lots of space. As an added bonus, all are reachable by taxis so you wont get all sweaty lugging the picnic.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

The italien resto at the Ritz -102 Floor of the ICC- is also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    If the option for picnic exists, I can think of a few places better than Jardines Lookout which is a very small square of dirt (admittedly with very nice views). There is also the option of the military post just below the dirt but thats not very romantic either :-)

My choices for picnic would be Victoria Peak Garden or Cyberport Lawn or West Kowloon Waterfront park. All of them have lovely views, nice gardens and lots of space. As an added bonus, all are reachable by taxis so you wont get all sweaty lugging the picnic.
    My husband and I like the smallish park up at the top of Wan Chai Gap Rd overlooking Aberdeen. It has BBQ facilities, so BYO your own steaks, fish, vege kebabs whatever an a bottle of your fave drop. Great view, quiet....just an option.

Are you thinking of popping 'the question'?

Actually was planning for a picnic but the weather isn't looking very good so postponing that to next weekend maybe, hoping for a bit of sun.