Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM
  • 1 Post By gilleshk

Mediterranean/ middle eastern/ Lebanese restaurant

Closed Thread

Mediterranean/ middle eastern/ Lebanese restaurant

Hi, can anyone recommend a restaurant that serves really good Mediterranean/ middle eastern/ Lebanese food...
    Looking forward to suggestions

Thanks in advance

Beirut in LKF

Bahce Turkish in Mui Wo. With the added bonus of Typhoon Ale from the brewery right next door.

irisboards likes this.

I'll give Beruit in LKF a bit of a nod, which was quiet o.k and reasonably priced on the two occasions that we have eaten there. Habibi's is also o.k but neither of those is as good as our favourite back home > KanZaman Lebanese Restaurant which we were regular patrons of, but while commercial rents in HK are what they are, Habibi's and Beruit do a good enough job for the price paid.

We need to be appreciative of the fact that only a handful of restaurants offering this refreshing cuisine exist in the HKG, so, it's better than them not existing at all...

Last edited by Skyhook; 22-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Lebanese House

Well for my money, this was one of the best restaurants I've ever visited. Don't be fooled by the guest list(I'll have to have a word with them, they haven't included me on their site!), it's not hard to get in, it was less than 200HKD for two people and I couldn't quite eat it all. Lebanese is probably my favorite cuisine unfortunately it's rare to find a decent approximation out of the Middle East. Habibi and Beirut are OK, limited selections but most of the popular offerings are on hand and reasonably tasty.
    Skyhook likes this.

Beirut Bar, Beyrouthe Cafe, and Habibi in LKF are all acceptable but it's not going to be like eating in Zahle :-).

Wael

Last edited by welrifai; 22-10-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Lebanese House

Well for my money, this was one of the best restaurants I've ever visited. Don't be fooled by the guest list(I'll have to have a word with them, they haven't included me on their site!), it's not hard to get in, it was less than 200HKD for two people and I couldn't quite eat it all. Lebanese is probably my favorite cuisine unfortunately it's rare to find a decent approximation out of the Middle East. Habibi and Beirut are OK, limited selections but most of the popular offerings are on hand and reasonably tasty.
    You forgot to mention that this restaurant is in Jordan. As in the country, not the area north of TST.

And Richard Gear? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    You forgot to mention that this restaurant is in Jordan. As in the country, not the area north of TST.

And Richard Gear? LOL.
    I think Giles was just mentioning that Lebanese restaurants outside Lebanon, can be a bit hit and miss, more miss than a hit lol...

Like Giles, I mentioned my favourite Lebanese restaurant which is my personal benchmark to compare with...